PDA

View Full Version : Rain water in my rear rim...?

bikemo15
07-14-2006, 06:55 PM
Okay, I just got done riding in a pooring rain storm and when I was drying off my bike I could hear rain sloshing around inside the rear tire. Do I need to take the tire off to dry it out? Why is it happening? I've got Campy Eurus and I ride my tires with the recommended max. air.

manet
07-14-2006, 07:28 PM
Okay, I just got done riding in a pooring rain storm and when I was drying off my bike I could hear rain sloshing around inside the rear tire. Do I need to take the tire off to dry it out? Why is it happening? I've got Campy Eurus and I ride my tires with the recommended max. air.

all depends*

*http://www.yourfamilyshealth.com/womens_health/bladder/depends.jpg

Grant McLean
07-14-2006, 08:37 PM

Is in in the tire, or in the rim?

Usually, water gets forced inside the rim cavity, by centrifugal force.

If you have the new Eurus ones, without any rim tapes, the valve hole is the
only place it's going to come out, so take the tire off, and rock it back and
forth.

g

Ray
07-15-2006, 05:03 AM
Had a similar experience with Ksyriums. I didn't hear the water but the next ride out I could definitely feel it. Man, talk about an unbalanced wheel! Didn't know I was that sensitive but each high speed descent was notably frightning with the bike's lean and balance feeling really squirrely going into hard corners or even just long sweepers.

Got home, took the tires and tube off, spun the wheel and then hung 'em up with the stem hole pointing down. They were fine the next day.

-Ray