PDA

View Full Version : World Champ + Euro Champ = ?

weisan
09-18-2016, 05:21 PM
??

ANAO
09-18-2016, 05:23 PM
Champion of the sun!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ewINVWtjNDE

FlashUNC
09-18-2016, 05:36 PM
Look at the start list. Again Sagan wins against inferior competition.

Good job Petey, winning a race full of over-the-hills and water carriers. Continuing to pad his win list with empty calories.

"Euro championship" sure. He's still not racing Lombardia right?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/2016-uec-road-european-championship-road-race-start-list/

weisan
09-18-2016, 05:53 PM
Flash pal, thank you thank you...I was hoping you would take the bait. Thanks for the laugh of the day. :D

:beer:

ultraman6970
09-18-2016, 06:02 PM
Now he got enough points to keep his new team in the big league.

FlashUNC
09-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Flash pal, thank you thank you...I was hoping you would take the bait. Thanks for the laugh of the day. :D

:beer:

Peter's win in crud races is the laugh of the day.

kramnnim
09-18-2016, 07:00 PM
Look at the start list. Again Sagan wins against inferior competition.

Good job Petey, winning a race full of over-the-hills and water carriers. Continuing to pad his win list with empty calories.

"Euro championship" sure. He's still not racing Lombardia right?

http://www.cyclingnews.com/features/2016-uec-road-european-championship-road-race-start-list/

Lol. How many stages in the last 1-3 years were won by riders in that start list?

Don't see your darling GVA in the Lombardia start list, what's up with that? :banana:

bpm
09-18-2016, 07:39 PM
Peter's win in crud races is the laugh of the day.

Flanders, Gent-Wevelgem, and 3 TDF stages aren't exactly crud races.

notsew
09-18-2016, 08:31 PM
Now we know for sure that Flash is trolling us.

FlashUNC
09-18-2016, 08:35 PM
Flanders, Gent-Wevelgem, and 3 TDF stages aren't exactly crud races.

He won almost as many TDF stages as the guy who used the race as a training block for his Rio track program.

Sure, Flanders. Great. Gent-Wevelgem, fantastic. Makes up for about 5 years where he either read the race with all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop or got his doors blown off. But where he is in his career vs. other one-day riders at this point? Its a joke the love the guy gets. He's not half the rider Tom Boonen was at this point in their respective careers.

FlashUNC
09-18-2016, 08:39 PM
Lol. How many stages in the last 1-3 years were won by riders in that start list?

Don't see your darling GVA in the Lombardia start list, what's up with that? :banana:

No one is pretending GvA is some kind of wonderkind who can win every race evar cuz he does a couple wheelies.

Besides, he was too busy winning the race that Sagan said didn't fit his riding style. Which is total baloney. But hey, Sagan sure did look good for that half-lap before flatting and DNF'ing though, so it was all worth it for the glorified marketing stunt that was.

bpm
09-18-2016, 08:39 PM
I never said he was as good as Boonen. I never compared him to anyone, I simply pointed out that some of his wins aren't exactly in "crud races."

As for the love he gets, he's super talented, and he tends to buck tradition a bit, which is pretty refreshing sometimes.

kramnnim
09-18-2016, 08:58 PM
Now we know for sure that Flash is trolling us.

It took you this long?

kramnnim
09-18-2016, 08:59 PM
He won almost as many TDF stages as the guy who used the race as a training block for his Rio track program.

Sure, Flanders. Great. Gent-Wevelgem, fantastic. Makes up for about 5 years where he either read the race with all the subtlety of a bull in a china shop or got his doors blown off. But where he is in his career vs. other one-day riders at this point? Its a joke the love the guy gets. He's not half the rider Tom Boonen was at this point in their respective careers.

Your cartoonish hatred is a joke. :banana:

Chris
09-19-2016, 07:07 AM
How many times has Sagan made the break and then instead of a sure sprint win, attacked the group to win solo? Last year's World Championnship was enough to quiet any haters. After that, any criticism is just petty criticism about him as a person more than about him as a cyclist.

oldpotatoe
09-19-2016, 09:20 AM
??

Seems kinda a superfluous race. Each country has their champ already, I donno.
Does the champ have a team jersey highlighting the Euro Champ blue/stars? Never seen it. Seems Sagan, since he got married, has grown up a lot.

nooneline
09-19-2016, 12:57 PM

Is there somebody who you think has better palmares over the past handful of years?

sandyrs
09-19-2016, 01:02 PM
Does the champ have a team jersey highlighting the Euro Champ blue/stars? Never seen it. Seems Sagan, since he got married, has grown up a lot.

This is the first year the jersey's on offer for pros. If he doesn't win worlds he'll wear some sort of blue and white thing next year.

RoadWhale
09-19-2016, 02:52 PM
Winning Classics and the World Championship seems like the kind of record 99% of the Peloton would love to have. But beyond his accomplishments I think a big part of Sagan's popularity is the fact he has a personality. He stands out in a crowd of faceless riders that all seem to be created in a 3d printer. He seems to be inherently joyful and people are drawn to positive people. I'd like to see Pro Cycling thrive and Sagan's presence in the Peloton helps towards that goal.

choke
09-19-2016, 03:13 PM
This is the first year the jersey's on offer for pros. If he doesn't win worlds he'll wear some sort of blue and white thing next year.
Actually I think it is the first time there was a Euro Championship for elite riders. There has been one for Under-23, and while I'm not sure if the men's winner wore that jersey the women's certainly did; Kasia Niewiadoma was wearing it this year.

tigoat
09-19-2016, 05:30 PM
Man I would love to see GvA kick Sagan's butt on every race they are in. He did that a few times already earlier in the season and it was a joy to watch.

Polyglot
09-19-2016, 05:40 PM
There is no rider of Sagan's generation that is more widely respected by the other pro riders than Sagan. I respect the opinions of other pros that ride and race with/against him all year round rather than an internet troll who probably never raced a day in his life.

efaust_o
09-19-2016, 07:44 PM
Man I would love to see GvA kick Sagan's butt on every race they are in. He did that a few times already earlier in the season and it was a joy to watch.

2017 Spring Classics? I hope this will be everything it could be. I think GVA was coming into his own prior to wreck and Sagan peaked later. Maybe with a recovered Kwiatkowski or a bolder Sep Vanmarke and what a racing season we should have. Can't wait!

Peter P.
09-19-2016, 07:50 PM
Winning Classics and the World Championship seems like the kind of record 99% of the Peloton would love to have. But beyond his accomplishments I think a big part of Sagan's popularity is the fact he has a personality. He stands out in a crowd of faceless riders that all seem to be created in a 3d printer. He seems to be inherently joyful and people are drawn to positive people. I'd like to see Pro Cycling thrive and Sagan's presence in the Peloton helps towards that goal.

Well said.

wallymann
09-19-2016, 07:52 PM

its a new championship, sagan is the 1st to take this title.

livingminimal
09-22-2016, 10:01 AM
The Eneco tour is such a joke.

sandyrs
09-22-2016, 10:07 AM

It's true. And beating out a guy who's just out there trying to prove he deserves team leadership over Marcel Kittel? Hell, I could probably do that on my 29er.

bobswire
09-22-2016, 10:08 AM

LOL! Yeah must be if HE is on leader board. ;)

kramnnim
09-22-2016, 10:35 AM
Eneco Tour is full of has beens and wannabe leadout guys. Boonen would have won today if he hadn't hit a pothole while eating.

nooneline
09-22-2016, 11:20 AM

not with this year's gap between the Vuelta and the World Championships.

livingminimal
09-22-2016, 11:28 AM

:help:

sandyrs
09-22-2016, 11:29 AM

I think you may have missed some sarcasm.

nooneline
09-22-2016, 11:40 AM
ah crap.

http://i.imgur.com/7ku90Yi.gif