PDA

View Full Version : FS: spooky supertouch 535 - SOLD

chiasticon
09-17-2016, 02:59 PM
picked this up here last fall and rode it a little bit on the trails and a bit of cross practice. awesome bike! super stiff and loves to be hammered. unfortunately, the geo is a little too different from my other cross bikes so I'm having trouble moving between them. and I simply can't afford to keep them all. so off it goes!

condition overall is good. there's a few minor niggles that I'll detail below. certainly rideable and race-able as is. looking to sell it complete with the exception that wheels, tires, cassette, skewers and pedals are not included. but if someone is interested in just the frame or doesn't want saddle or stem or something, we can work that out.

included:
- spooky supertouch anodized aluminum all american bad ass cyclocross frame. size 535. basically fits like a 54. they took the geometry from older Ridley cross bikes so it's got a higher bottom bracket, huge downtube, tons of mud clearance, tons of stiffness, etc. has a few dings here and there, most notably to the drive side chainstay (previous owner didn't have a protective sticker there, but there's one there now) but the anodized finish wears really well. downtube decals are pretty solid but the headtube one is lifting in a few placed. could always just grab new ones from the new spooky, if you want.
- easton carbon fork with carbon steerer. has fender eyelets and a hole, in case you ever decide to fender it.
- cane creek headset. works overall but if the bike sits (like for months), it gets a little stiff. once you move it a bit and ride it, it works fine. guessing it just needs to be cleaned and re-greased.
* sram gxp bottom bracket.
* sram cx1 crankset with 40t chainring.
* sram rival 1 rear derailleur.
* KMC x10SL gold chain.
* zipp 42 cm (c-c) service course bars. super short reach. new, have about 50 miles or so on them.
* shimano cables
* sram bar tape
* fizik arione R5 saddle. it's a little dirty in the pics, sorry. just rode it the other night at practice and guess I missed that when I cleaned the bike :(
- sram rival carbon 10 speed shifters w/left one converted to 1X.
- tektro cantilever brakes w/newer swissstop green pads. a bit rusty and corroded but they stop great.
* thomson X4 stem 100mm
* thomson elite seatpost 31.6mm

*** please note the items with a * are essentially new and only have about 50 miles or so on them. i.e. the drivetrain, seatpost, saddle, stem, bars, tape and cables

asking $700 shipped, net, plus shipping.

PHOTOS ARE HERE (https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5wVtXlO8gd4LU1EUTVWd0xKbms)

here is the geo:
https://farm6.staticflickr.com/5695/22369610492_a7877aa8b1_o.jpg

http://i63.tinypic.com/2uh7jon.jpg

jdp211
09-17-2016, 10:36 PM
fuuuuuu, this is a killer price to have matching cross frames, but a separated shoulder means that's a no go.

icepick_trotsky
09-17-2016, 11:03 PM
What's the saddle height as pictured?

chiasticon
09-17-2016, 11:08 PM
jdp211: shoulders heal. there's only so many supertouches...

Trotsky: BB center to top of saddle is 73.5cm

chiasticon
09-19-2016, 06:34 AM
monday morning bump

superbowlpats
09-19-2016, 07:42 AM
Bump for a killer deal on a great bike. I rode a slightly larger version last year - great CX bike!

chiasticon
09-21-2016, 07:42 AM
bump for price drop

Bwana
09-21-2016, 09:11 AM
Trying to talk my dad in to this so he can ride CX with me. (or sell him my SuperX and I'll take this :p )

chiasticon
09-23-2016, 11:18 AM
bringin' her down again...

btw the wheels/tubs pictured are available separately. and I'd make a deal if someone wanted the whole package.

chiasticon
09-23-2016, 01:37 PM
Sold

superbowlpats
09-23-2016, 01:40 PM
:hello: :hello: congrats. someone got a great bike!!

icepick_trotsky
09-23-2016, 01:55 PM
Gonna be cool. I'm excited for it.