PDA

View Full Version : Slide show of dirt/stone roads in the Alps

velotel
09-17-2016, 02:55 AM
If you're in the Crested Butte / Gunnison area on Monday, 26 September and would like to see pictures of some fabulous riding in the french and italian Alps, I'm doing a slide show at the CB Heritage Museum that evening. The photos are all about riding fat-tired road bikes on dirt and stone roads high in the mountains. You'll also be able to buy my book, Switchbacks, Vol 1, with some of the proceeds going to support the museum.

I'll be doing a second slide show in Fairfax at the Mountain Bike Museum Sunday, 2 October, again with some of the proceeds of any books sold going to the museum. That show is the day after the two-day party for the Mountain Bike Hall of Fame, first time ever held in Fairfax at the museum. Any mountain bikers in the area ought to check out that party they're putting on, all kinds of fine people to meet, stuff to see, things to celebrate, a good time definitely on the horizon with that!

All you members here who like riding fat-tired road bikes in wonderful places, what I kind of think of as the 'new' mountain biking, even though in fact it's just returning to the roots, I'm pretty sure you'll enjoy the hell out of the photos I'll be showing. Might even want to make sure your socks are tight or maybe just go without because they might otherwise get blown off by some of the places show in the slides.

Some of the photos you may have already seen here in posts but in rather small formats. The slide show format won't be small.

weisan
09-17-2016, 03:26 AM
Very cool!

-holiday76
09-17-2016, 07:17 AM
That's awesome!
Can you share any of them here?

tiretrax
09-17-2016, 11:25 AM
Sounds great! I wonder if my wife would mind me being out of town on our anniversary.

That's awesome!
Can you share any of them here?

Or post on Youtube?