PDA

View Full Version : What a finish! (Stage 12 TDF Spoiler)

Keith A
07-14-2006, 10:09 AM
What an exciting finish today -- I can't wait to watch this when I get home this evening. It looked like Discovery Channel was on a mission today to save some face after yesterday's peformances. George was in an early break, but the peleton wouldn't let this group go. Then Popovyvch got in what turned out to be the winning break -- I initially didn't think this would last since Oscar Freire was in this break. But I was wrong and Popovyvch was the man! He also jumped up to number 10 on the GC.

Fixed
07-14-2006, 10:12 AM
they can be happy a day in yellow and a stage win most teams would love that .
cheers

gasman
07-14-2006, 10:56 AM
Great stage, Popo was amazing to keep attacking the way he did. Great fun to watch.

I don't think Disco is that happy- they are just trying to salvage something from this race. When you are on top there is only one direction to go.

J.Greene
07-14-2006, 12:00 PM
Then Popovyvch got in what turned out to be the winning break -- I initially didn't think this would last since Oscar Freire was in this break. But I was wrong and Popovyvch was the man! He also jumped up to number 10 on the GC.

The text messge i got today said that Lance bought the stage and he'll be in France monday to pay the bill.

JG

Keith A
07-14-2006, 08:27 PM
Just finished watching the end of the stage on OLN. Hats off to Popovyvch! He went after this stage and got it! It was indeed fun to watch even knowing the outcome.

Climb01742
07-15-2006, 05:01 AM
doubly impressive coming after the killer mountain stage. you could tell oscar was toast. for popo to not be toast, that's studly. the disco dinner table last night was probably much cheerier.