PDA

View Full Version : OT: Lets Fund the Drums!!

dennis.bley
09-12-2016, 02:20 PM
Hi,
Long time lurker here. I was pursuing the classifieds and read about the wheel set being offered by CMBICYCLES. Seems he is selling the wheel set to help buy drums for the classroom he teaches. What could be better than buying drums for someone else's kids, that will never be played in your home?
I am donating $20 to get things started, and will match an additional $40 if others here are inclined.
Mods, if this is inappropriate, or if you have kids in his class, please remove.

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=192076

Thanks,
Dennis

jlwdm
09-12-2016, 03:25 PM
Dennis

Talk to seller and see the best way to do this if that is what he wants. I am glad to buy wheels but I don't want them. We can figure out options.

Jeff

cmbicycles
09-12-2016, 05:06 PM
Hi Dennis,
It is very generous of you to start this thread to help out my classroom(s) . I am humbled and truly appreciate the offer, but most of the drums were sold. It was a great Craigslist deal that went quickly. I had actually gone to his house to pick up bike tools he had listed, and his whole garage was filled with djembe drums so we got talking and I bought a pair a year ago. He listed about 20 for a great deal as he wasn't doing drum circle facilitation anymore and wanted his garage back. I was going to use them in my "classroom" (I teach off a cart so technically I carry everything with me and don't have a room) & also considered doing some small group drum circle facilitation on my own as well... so they wouldn't be technically just for school although they would reside there 99% of the time. If the wheels sell I'll pursue the seller in earnest, but no sense hounding him if I am not ready to buy.

If anyone is interested, & the mods are OK with it, I started a donors choose project for some drums just prior to seeing these others pop up on CL. I would rather people interested donate thru donorschoose, as it is a pretty well run non profit and donations are managed by them.

Conversely, if thus isnt your cup of tea, check out projects in your neighborhood as there are a ton of worthy projects on there.
Link is here: https://www.donorschoose.org/project/drum-the-beat-dont-beat-the-drum/2166331/?rf=page-siteshare-2016-09-proposal-teacher_2303734&challengeid=386502

Feel free to share it with anyone who may be interested. Again if this isn't OK mods feel free to delete.

Thanks

dennis.bley
09-12-2016, 05:53 PM
Will do.

Thanks,
Dennis