PDA

View Full Version : La Vuelta here-with spoilers

oldpotatoe
09-09-2016, 08:04 AM
Next 2 days deciding...ITT and BIG climb..why this grand tour is under rated..

Looks hot also. 84F windy.

http://tiz-cycling.racing/live-stream

oldpotatoe
09-09-2016, 08:16 AM
Next 2 days deciding...ITT and BIG climb..why this grand tour is under rated..

Looks hot also.

http://tiz-cycling.racing/live-stream

And a question...each team has 2 team cars..maybe 9 riders..Each rider has a 'team' car behind them...how do the teams do that? Particularly when the start and finish is 40km away from each other, like stage 19 today?

Mr. Pink
09-09-2016, 08:20 AM
I just have to say that the commercial for that ear wax removal thingy is possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever been subjected to on my television. Combine that with the constant barrage of those Methsothelioma or however you spell it ads, and I refuse to watch live anymore. Thank god for DVRs and fast forward.

livingminimal
09-09-2016, 08:24 AM
I just have to say that the commercial for that ear wax removal thingy is possibly the most disgusting thing I've ever been subjected to on my television. Combine that with the constant barrage of those Methsothelioma or however you spell it ads, and I refuse to watch live anymore. Thank god for DVRs and fast forward.

+1 on this.

nooneline
09-09-2016, 08:36 AM
And a question...each team has 2 team cars..maybe 9 riders..Each rider has a 'team' car behind them...how do the teams do that? Particularly when the start and finish is 40km away from each other, like stage 19 today?

I assume that they're not using all team vehicles, they're using a lot of race-org vehicles. And there's a constant flow from the finish back to the start!

It takes people, say, 50 minutes to complete the time trial - but maybe only twenty minutes for the cars to get back. So you figure they need cars for the first 1.5 hours of starters. About the first 90 riders - maybe each car makes two runs.

Goodness, that's a lot of cars - and tough logistics.

Keith A
09-09-2016, 10:23 AM
Froome is giving it his all. It will be interesting to see how much time he pulls back. He started at 3:37 down on the race leader.

oldpotatoe
09-09-2016, 10:33 AM
Qunitana, Froome and Contador..now set to finish..ITT..BIG win but no chance in GC(except for Chaves..adios)

jlwdm
09-09-2016, 10:46 AM
Great TT by Froome, but I don't see it mattering. Too much still to pick up on Quintana tomorrow.

Jeff

Keith A
09-09-2016, 10:48 AM
Froome got back 2:16, but that is still a big gap. Should be an interesting stage tomorrow.

chiasticon
09-09-2016, 11:00 AM
right now Froome and Quintana are both thinking: "if not for stage fifteen..."

Froome needs an ally to return the favor tomorrow. maybe Chaves...?

I highly doubt it though. barring crashes or some other craziness, this will be the final GC.

guido
09-09-2016, 11:59 AM
Very nice to see Contador back on the podium. Well deserved after a hard year of very bad luck.

numbskull
09-09-2016, 01:25 PM
A shout out to an American, Andrew Talansky.
He matched Contador's time in the TT and has pulled himself into 5th place.
An impressive effort, I think.

Keith A
09-09-2016, 02:14 PM
A shout out to an American, Andrew Talansky.
He matched Contador's time in the TT and has pulled himself into 5th place.
An impressive effort, I think.Nice, I missed that one.

soulspinner
09-09-2016, 02:31 PM
a shout out to an american, andrew talansky.
He matched contador's time in the tt and has pulled himself into 5th place.
An impressive effort, i think.

+1