PDA

View Full Version : Litespeed T5 gravel opinions

morrisericd
09-08-2016, 03:10 PM
Hi. Does anyone out there have any experience with these Litespeed frames/bikes? I'm looking for a do it all (with two sets of wheels) disc brake bike for my wife and this one popped up at my LBS. They were really stoked on it and Litespeed certainly uses all the current popular words - through axles, disc, adventure, 40mm tire clearance, etc.

The dream would be a Moots Routt - but, for not much more than a Moots frame I can get an entire bike with Ultegra, hydraulic discs, etc. My LBS is going to build one up for her so she can demo it but she's admittedly "happy on just about anything" and "can't really tell the difference between different bikes". I have a Seven Axiom I've had for 14 years and still love. Titanium is definitely where I want to be for her. She'll know the difference - I just know it!

RyanH
09-09-2016, 08:51 PM
I have had two Litespeeds, a 2007 Siena and a 2012 Xicon as well as a sleuth of carbon bikes (C59, R5ca, Foil...). I like Litespeed a lot, and I'm looking for a T3 or T1 right now. Their geometry is good and stiffness for a ti frame is good. The welds are not artisanal but in the big scheme of things, does it really matter? You can check my sig for my Xicon build. I think the T5 is similar to the Xicon but the gravel version has obviously been tweaked.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

rpettet
09-10-2016, 05:05 AM
I have one and love it.