PDA

View Full Version : Front Shifting Question - DA9000

Raffy
09-07-2016, 08:16 PM
So I'm a little confounded and out of ideas about an issue I just discovered today with the front shifting on my DA9000 (DA9001 to be exact). Here's what's happening:

- To go from the small ring to the big you give lever A (big lever) a full push inwards (normal behavior)
- Click on lever B (small paddle) to go to "T-trim" to trim/release a little cable tension when cross chained, big-to-big (normal behavior as well)
- Here's where the issue is - to go from "T-trim" to "Top" I have to give it a full push inwards. Not unless I'm losing my mind, this should be more of a 1/4 push as there is already enough cable tension, you are simply maxing out the cable tension. Seems like the ratcheting mechanism is not catching something inside the shifter (I can feel it clicking but not catching, instead giving in all the way). Any ideas??? Is there something broken in the internals of my shifter?

I already tried changing the cable and making sure there are no obstructions in the housings/liners. Days like these makes me wanna go electronic :crap:

oldpotatoe
09-08-2016, 06:16 AM
So I'm a little confounded and out of ideas about an issue I just discovered today with the front shifting on my DA9000 (DA9001 to be exact). Here's what's happening:

- To go from the small ring to the big you give lever A (big lever) a full push inwards (normal behavior)
- Click on lever B (small paddle) to go to "T-trim" to trim/release a little cable tension when cross chained, big-to-big (normal behavior as well)
- Here's where the issue is - to go from "T-trim" to "Top" I have to give it a full push inwards. Not unless I'm losing my mind, this should be more of a 1/4 push as there is already enough cable tension, you are simply maxing out the cable tension. Seems like the ratcheting mechanism is not catching something inside the shifter (I can feel it clicking but not catching, instead giving in all the way). Any ideas??? Is there something broken in the internals of my shifter?

I already tried changing the cable and making sure there are no obstructions in the housings/liners. Days like these makes me wanna go electronic :crap:

I suspect the cable end isn't seated completely in the 'hole' in the lever.

Raffy
09-08-2016, 11:28 AM
I suspect the cable end isn't seated completely in the 'hole' in the lever.

Good suggestion....I tried reseating it and it looks/feels all the way seated but still same thing. Took it to my friend and he's looking into it. He says it feels like it's catching but slipping so there might be something not returning properly inside.