PDA

View Full Version : Record hub lube port

merckx
07-13-2006, 11:54 AM
Do any of you actually use the lube port on Campy Record hubs? If you have, I have two questions. Do you squirt the grease in until it comes out the dust seals at the axle ends? Does the grease enter the freehub pawls and gum them up? What kind of grease do you use? Okay, that was three questions. Thanks.

catulle
07-13-2006, 01:52 PM
Do any of you actually use the lube port on Campy Record hubs? If you have, I have two questions. Do you squirt the grease in until it comes out the dust seals at the axle ends? Does the grease enter the freehub pawls and gum them up? What kind of grease do you use? Okay, that was three questions. Thanks.

Of course I use them, and thatīs one of the reasons I like Campy hubs so much. You don't have to squirt until it comes out of the sides, but sometimes even if the grease doesn't come out the sides when you apply the grease, eventually it does.

Finally, I use one of those pistols sold by Pedro's and Park which attaches to the tube of lube; both manufacturers also offer bearing grease. Oh, and yes, the grease reaches the cassette's pawl but if the grease is of decent quality it will lubricate the pawls, not gum them up.