PDA

View Full Version : Which Iphone 6+ mount?

stephenmarklay
09-06-2016, 06:44 PM
I am only going to use this on the trainer in the garage. My phone has a case so it needs to accommodate that as well.

I am using trainer road and using the phone is just easier than setting up the computer, hooking it up to the TV etc.

EDS
09-06-2016, 07:16 PM
I am only going to use this on the trainer in the garage. My phone has a case so it needs to accommodate that as well.

I am using trainer road and using the phone is just easier than setting up the computer, hooking it up to the TV etc.

I use the quadlock mount for my iphone 6 when riding rollers. I really like it for that application.

IFRider
09-06-2016, 09:40 PM

For the rollers, I use a standard iPhone case with a large piece of Velcro attached to an old Nite Rider headlight mount. The mount is really just a clamp with a 1.5 square inch flat spot which is more than enough to hold the phone steady riding. If you go this route, put the fuzzy side on the case else you find it really a pain as the Velcro sticks everywhere.

Warren

R3awak3n
09-06-2016, 09:50 PM
this

http://www.dogearsgps.com/indoor-plates

plus an old or cheap iphone case

stephenmarklay
09-06-2016, 09:58 PM
this

http://www.dogearsgps.com/indoor-plates

plus an old or cheap iphone case

I can’t really tell from the picture but does it have a twist style plate to go onto my garmin mount?

stephenmarklay
09-06-2016, 10:03 PM
I use the quadlock mount for my iphone 6 when riding rollers. I really like it for that application.

That looks super slick. Pricey but slick. I am not sure if I would get my money out of it.

R3awak3n
09-06-2016, 10:03 PM
I can’t really tell from the picture but does it have a twist style plate to go onto my garmin mount?

its just the dog ears so you can glue that to an old or cheap iphone case and then you can indeed use it on a garmin mount.

stephenmarklay
09-07-2016, 12:58 PM
its just the dog ears so you can glue that to an old or cheap iphone case and then you can indeed use it on a garmin mount.

Thank you!

ColonelJLloyd
09-07-2016, 01:01 PM
That looks super slick. Pricey but slick. I am not sure if I would get my money out of it.

This is also what I use. With the handlebar or stem clamp you can move it from bike to bike in a few seconds if you want to. The case itself is quality. I've been using QuadLock for a few years now.

mistermo
09-07-2016, 01:51 PM
+Quadlock. If you can wait til Black Friday, they heavily discount then. However, as iphones have grown larger, I just carry it in my pocket. Otherwise, I sweat on it and that's not ideal.

seric
09-07-2016, 06:49 PM
I'm a big fan of the Ram Mount X-Grip product for all of my vehicles. It holds securely on my Buell, so I trust it on everything else as well.

tmarcus1076
09-08-2016, 04:55 AM
http://www.shapeways.com/product/9RV4RQFAY/garmin-male-mount