PDA

View Full Version : ot: where in the world is Waldo (Dave Thompson) now?

eddief
09-06-2016, 09:16 AM
as Baja gets slammed by hurricane. If the thunder don't get ya, the lightening will.

malcolm
09-06-2016, 09:18 AM
shopping for at least three days worth of tequila and tortillas!!!

dave thompson
09-06-2016, 06:48 PM
as Baja gets slammed by hurricane. If the thunder don't get ya, the lightening will.

Dave is safely ensconced in a nice hotel in Washington Wine Country.

Hurricane Newton did very little damage to Cabo though it dumped lots of rain. Our little village of Los Barriles had some flooding but nothing serious. Lost power and water for half a day but reports say everything is pretty much back to normal. I'll be back in Baja most likely next month.

mwynne
09-06-2016, 07:09 PM
Dave is safely ensconced in a nice hotel in Washington Wine Country.

Hurricane Newton did very little damage to Cabo though it dumped lots of rain. Our little village of Los Barriles had some flooding but nothing serious. Lost power and water for half a day but reports say everything is pretty much back to normal. I'll be back in Baja most likely next month.
If that involves Walla Walla... Fat Duck, Saffron...

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

weisan
09-06-2016, 07:18 PM
I gave up worrying about dave pal long ago...this bloke is weather-proof!

Ken Robb
09-06-2016, 08:08 PM
Dave is having dinner in Spokane with Jodee.

stackie
09-06-2016, 08:12 PM
Dave,

Glad to hear you are ok.

OT, do you ride in Cabo? I always think of retiring out of USA for decreased COL. But, I'm not sure I'd enjoy riding in Mexico...

Jon

dave thompson
09-06-2016, 10:30 PM
If that involves Walla Walla... Fat Duck, Saffron...

Nope, Today at Red Mountain.....Hightower......Kiona...Tomorrow Prosser, Horse Heaven Hills. Then Zillah and Yakima. Down here for three days, so many wineries, so little time.

mwynne
09-06-2016, 10:34 PM
Nope, Today at Red Mountain.....Hightower......Kiona...Tomorrow Prosser, Horse Heaven Hills. Then Zillah and Yakima. Down here for three days, so many wineries, so little time.

Oh, but the food in WaWa!
I really need to get out of Pullman to wine country more often...

dave thompson
09-06-2016, 10:36 PM
Dave,

Glad to hear you are ok.

OT, do you ride in Cabo? I always think of retiring out of USA for decreased COL. But, I'm not sure I'd enjoy riding in Mexico...

Jon

Hey Jon. A fair amount of roadie action in the general Cabo San Lucas area, they've had the Cabo Ironman there for several years which has proved very popular and spurred road bike sales.

Because most of the roads down here are dirt and there are hill/mountains everywhere, MTB is probably 90% of the riding. Even our little village has a MTB shop.

notsew
09-07-2016, 10:29 AM
I really need to get out of Pullman

A common sentiment...

:D

mwynne
09-07-2016, 10:49 AM
A common sentiment...

:D
As soon as this contract is up... Outta here.

dave thompson
09-07-2016, 11:42 AM
As soon as this contract is up... Outta here.

Making a big move..to Moscow? :D

Pullman is blessed with a pretty damn good bike shop; B & L. When I worked for Safeway, Pullman was one of my stores. I would alway stop at B & L.

mwynne
09-07-2016, 12:32 PM
Making a big move..to Moscow? :D

Pullman is blessed with a pretty damn good bike shop; B & L. When I worked for Safeway, Pullman was one of my stores. I would alway stop at B & L.
Haha, probably back home to Vancouver (BC).
Gotta say, in the last year I still haven't hit a good riding groove in the Palouse.

dave thompson
09-07-2016, 05:24 PM

Speaking of good wines...one of our favorite wineries, Columbia Crest in Horse Heaven Hills. Picking has just begun, the crush will happen very soon. A glass raised to Serotta Pete!