PDA

View Full Version : IsoSpeed Question - Backed out, what's the Torque?

Jason E
09-04-2016, 07:55 PM
I have just a couple of hundred miles on my Boone. Great bike, ready for the season to start!

From nearly the first ride I noticed the IsoSpeed cap at the TT/ST junction was popped out a little on the non-drive side. I thought that was shady considering their generally good quality and figured it may have been from initial shipping. I pushed it pack in over whatever was under there.

This continued. I figured I was fat and was blowing it out with my burly wattage [read: fat]

This afternoon we were all out pre riding our new course and the same thing happened, except this time it was worse and would not go back on. I took it apart this evening, removing the 2mm hex underneath and I'm staring a the shaft and bearings. I can hold one side and turn the other; loose! Of course this is a sunday night and google is not having good luck. I am looking for a manual, and also continueing to scour...

That said, y'all have a lot of knowledge. SO....

Has anyone else had this back out and does anyone know the torque it needs to be tightened to?

-JPRO

kittytrail
09-04-2016, 09:54 PM
pages 3 to 10 of Domane_Service_Manual_Full.pdf (http://s7d4.scene7.com/is/content/TrekBicycleProducts/Asset%20Library/documents/Manuals/pdf/Domane_Service_Manual_Full.pdf) should cover what you're looking for. :cool:

forgot to add that torque specs are engraved on bolt. sorry. :o

Jason E
09-04-2016, 10:43 PM
Ha! I was just coming back to add that I forgot to check the head. [emoji52]. Now to go get the right tool!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk