PDA

View Full Version : I'm gettin' Zanc'd

SpaceOdyssey
07-12-2006, 10:33 AM
Well, it looks like I am finally going to add a lugged steel frame to the stable.

After some good input, it looks like I will be placing an order by the end of the week for my new singlespeed frame.

Cross frame with all the cable stops and rear der. hanger in case I change my mind. Zanc steel fork, Eccentric BB, vertical rear drops as it is a single speed not a fixie.

Some kind of fancier lug everywhere except for the BB shell.

A dark blue to be chosen later with either white or silver pinstriping around the lugs and painted "decals".

Delivery in mid September.

Whoo Hoo.

:banana: :banana:

Bruce

rsl
07-12-2006, 10:36 AM
Congrats - that's exciting! As a fairly new "Zankophile" myself I'm sure you'll enjoy the bike a lot!

Please keep us updated as you go through the build process!
:beer:

William
07-12-2006, 10:51 AM
Hi,

My name is William, and I'm an "Effin" Zankophile. :banana: Great choice, you're going to dig working with Mike & Toby. And you're going to love the result...atmo :cool:

William

Climb01742
07-12-2006, 11:09 AM
Delivery in mid September.

a mere two month wait? not nearly enough painful waiting. where's the fun/agony in that? :D

ps: enjoy what sounds like a tres swell rig.

SpaceOdyssey
07-12-2006, 11:33 AM
Yeah, with 3 Serottas in the house, I decided to try something different.

Besides, the DPF raffle is coming around again. This time for sure that Meivici is gonna be mine! :banana:

Two months wait is OK.

I don't want to rush an "artiste". ;) :D :rolleyes:

Bruce

cpg
07-12-2006, 12:45 PM
Hi,

My name is William, and I'm an "Effin" Zankophile. :banana: Great choice, you're going to dig working with Mike & Toby. And you're going to love the result...atmo :cool:

William

Prove it brother. Where's the pictures of the built up bike?

Curt

davids
07-12-2006, 01:26 PM
Yeah, what cpg said!

If it's so effen nice, why haven't I seen pictures? ;)

Oh, and congrats on the new steed, Bruce! Or SpaceCowboy, or whatever name you've chosen to confuse us with.

Ginger
07-12-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, with 3 Serottas in the house, I decided to try something different.

Besides, the DPF raffle is coming around again. This time for sure that Meivici is gonna be mine! :banana:

Two months wait is OK.

I don't want to rush an "artiste". ;) :D :rolleyes:

Bruce

Hey Bruce...is there a link up for the DPF raffle yet? Wanna post that in a different thread (after you send it to me and make sure I have my ticket?)

William
07-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Prove it brother. Where's the pictures of the built up bike?

Curt

Yeah, what cpg said!

If it's so effen nice, why haven't I seen pictures?

Yea ye Effin nay-sayers. :no:

The EFC is slowly being built up. :banana: Gimme a week (+ or -) a few days and she'll be off...and on the road. Ride report and Effin pictures to follow.

William ;) :banana:

SpaceOdyssey
07-12-2006, 01:43 PM
Ginger;

No links yet on either the DPF website, the Serotta website, or the Sunflower Revolution III website.

The revamped DPF website was supposed to launch the first week of July but I'm not seeing any changes yet.

I'll let you know when I hear something.

Bruce

Bill Bove
07-12-2006, 02:23 PM
I like the idea of an eccentric BB. What gear will you use to get up your driveway Bruce?

I built that Planet X singlespeed mountain bike up and sold it before I even got to test ride/demo it. One Rucking Gear is the new black.

SpaceOdyssey
07-12-2006, 08:23 PM
Foot gear :rolleyes: :crap:

It will either be a 42/16 for roads or a 39/16-17 if off roading.