PDA

View Full Version : i'm pulling for simoni, cunego and mayo

Climb01742
07-12-2006, 05:45 AM
this year's tour has been wide open = exciting. i'd dig it if, now that we're in the mountains, guys with no GC hopes explode the mountain stages. without dominate team(s) to ride tactical ( = boring) races, i'd just love guys going wild, forcing any GC hopeful to chase. wouldn't it be cool if we had stages like the giro 05 stage up the gravel road? just pure flat out racing.

ps: would still like floyd or george for GC, but most of all, just dig how "open" this year's tour feels.

William
07-12-2006, 06:02 AM
I don't have any favorites this year. I just want to watch some great racing, and may the best....and most un-"doped" man win. :banana:

atmo

William

atmo
07-12-2006, 06:51 AM
this year's tour has been wide open = exciting. i'd dig it if, now that we're in the mountains, guys with no GC hopes explode the mountain stages. without dominate team(s) to ride tactical ( = boring) races, i'd just love guys going wild, forcing any GC hopeful to chase. wouldn't it be cool if we had stages like the giro 05 stage up the gravel road? just pure flat out racing.

ps: would still like floyd or george for GC, but most of all, just dig how "open" this year's tour feels.

odd, isn't it, that the extraterrstriaaleael comment from
the giro no longer seems au courant* seeing howz gibo
is racing and basso is hanging out at the bike shop or
maybe at superweek atmo.

* french for au current.

J.Greene
07-12-2006, 07:06 AM
odd, isn't it, that the extraterrstriaaleael comment from
the giro no longer seems au courant* seeing howz gibo
is racing and basso is hanging out at the bike shop or
maybe at superweek atmo.

* french for au current.

at least he could make a retraction of the retraction.

swoop
07-12-2006, 08:04 AM
just got texted from the team car... levi is next to floyd and 'looking really good'. mayo is droppped.

wierd.

atmo
07-12-2006, 08:09 AM
just got texted from the team car... levi is next to floyd and 'looking really good'. mayo is droppped.

wierd.
but what are the smart men wearing for the haute couture
ascent - balenciaga? Lanvin? Chanel? Mainbocher? Schiaparelli?
my inner anna wants to know atmo.

sspielman
07-12-2006, 08:14 AM
but what are the smart men wearing for the haute couture
ascent - balenciaga? Lanvin? Chanel? Mainbocher? Schiaparelli?
my inner anna wants to know atmo.

According to cyclingnews, the attire seems to be selected from the "Moon over the Pyrenees range"....one guy was running along with the peloton with his shorts pulled down....and another was in a Sumo wrestling outfit...proudly displaying the double hams.....

* Sometimes the posts on this forum are childish (paraphrased from another thread0

swoop
07-12-2006, 08:24 AM
According to cyclingnews, the attire seems to be selected from the "Moon over the Pyrenees range"....one guy was running along with the peloton with his shorts pulled down....and another was in a Sumo wrestling outfit...proudly displaying the double hams.....

* Sometimes the posts on this forum are childish (paraphrased from another thread0

basque crack is whack.

Avispa
07-12-2006, 08:31 AM
I don't know what's up with today's coverage, but they do not mention the favorites at all! It is hard to know what is happening in the back of the race....

I can tell you something, however, I am beginning to think that if Kloden takes the jersey, it's going to be harder for Floyd to fight it out....

swoop
07-12-2006, 09:02 AM
word from the car... simoni is gonna stick his nose in the wind tomorrow.
we'll see...

the image of basso at superweek doing 200 hundred lap crits is making me laugh.

atmo
07-12-2006, 09:06 AM
we'll see...

the image of basso at superweek doing 200 hundred lap crits is making me laugh.
he'll be in ungaro or valentino atmo?

swoop
07-12-2006, 09:15 AM
prada. the lycra collecione.

ColdRider
07-12-2006, 09:16 AM
For the curious ones...

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Live text updates from the Tour. If you hit "Latest", it will give you current standings ie leader / chase / peloton.

Enjoy,

-CR

atmo
07-12-2006, 09:29 AM
For the curious ones...

http://live.cyclingnews.com/

Live text updates from the Tour. If you hit "Latest", it will give you current standings ie leader / chase / peloton.

Enjoy,

-CR
awesome-issimo atmo

Avispa
07-12-2006, 09:32 AM

Jeepee!!! Can't wait to see!!! Go Gibo Go!

Nasty looking bike, but Go Gibo Go!

jeffg
07-12-2006, 10:05 AM
Well, better pull for Gibo since Cunego and Mayo seem to be having un jour sans ...