PDA

View Full Version : WTB 36 or 40 hole 700c disc QR wheelset

clyde the point
08-27-2016, 05:10 AM
I have some larger friends that are interested in cycling and need something to help my 300+ buddy get on a bike. Frame is Raleigh XXIX so the strength is there, need some wheels to hold his bigness. What have you laying around that might be put to use?

The other WTB resulted in another large pal riding regularly on his 36/105 setup. More Clyde's on bikes!

Thanks.

oldpotatoe
08-27-2016, 07:32 AM
I have some larger friends that are interested in cycling and need something to help my 300+ buddy get on a bike. Frame is Raleigh XXIX so the strength is there, need some wheels to hold his bigness. What have you laying around that might be put to use?

The other WTB resulted in another large pal riding regularly on his 36/105 setup. More Clyde's on bikes!

Thanks.

I think you'd be hard pressed to find a 40h, QR, disc hub unless it's for a tandem and that'll be lots bigger than 135mm..

So 29er wheels? I can probably build you some based on XT hubs and some pretty stout rims and triple butt Sapim spokes..36h. PM for specifics if you'd like.

XT hubs laced to Velocity Blunt using Sapim 'Strong' spokes..in the $475 range, new...

DAG
08-27-2016, 02:06 PM
Is that a single speed frame?

clyde the point
08-27-2016, 10:23 PM
Actually geared. With a rigid fork it will be perfect for my pal, with the right wheels.