PDA

View Full Version : i can't believe my new LBS

eddief
08-25-2016, 07:43 PM
I moved to Santa Rosa a few months back. I was interested in those horrible Specialized Hover handlebars. Called the local to find out if they had or knew? That would be NorCal Bike Sport. Spoke to engaging person on the phone. Said they'd let me know when the bars came in...if ever. Got a call from another human from the shop who wanted to know if I wanted to order. Said they'd be ordering all models in all sizes, zero pressure on me. He was a nice guy. He said he thinks they'll sell the crap out of those bars and he'd call me when they come in. What a concept, engaging bike shop personnel.

false_Aest
08-25-2016, 07:47 PM
Some of us in the industry get it.

Ti Designs
08-25-2016, 07:51 PM
Some of us in the industry get it.

You're fired.

dave thompson
08-25-2016, 08:08 PM
You're fired.

Ed, you're no Trump!

kingpin75s
08-25-2016, 09:06 PM
Timely post. I just spent the better part of 2 hours having a couple beers with the owner of my preferred and an iconic Minneapolis shop, well after lights out. Customer engagement as a role that he must commit more time to in the new market was a big topic of discussion for viability going forward. The irony was not lost on me that our long conversation tonight over a couple of beers is part of his engagement ;) Although I joke a little as its not like we have not done that before.

charliedid
08-25-2016, 09:09 PM
Sounds normal to me.

oldpotatoe
08-26-2016, 05:56 AM
Ed, you're no Trump!

trump plays golf...

AJosiahK
08-26-2016, 06:59 AM
Thats what I like to hear.

Ive had my share of negative experiences, but those are out weighted by the good ones.

deechee
08-26-2016, 02:43 PM
damn. Let us know how the bars are! I'm very curious and I seriously doubt the local Specialized dealers will have them in stock.