PDA

View Full Version : Kokomo Tornado

Tandem Rider
08-25-2016, 05:46 AM
I know there are some folks on here from Indiana, is everyone alright? I know the town took a big hit.

berserk87
08-25-2016, 09:05 AM
Kokomo is about and hour and a half north of me. I saw some pics and it looked pretty bad in spots. I don't think that damage is too widespread, but some of it looked severe. I saw photos of a Starbucks that was flattened and other stores in the strip mall area were not touched.

I will see some of my friends from the Kokomo area at the state TT championships this Sunday and will likely get the full scoop.

Red Tornado
08-25-2016, 02:52 PM
We've lived in Texas for the past 10 years now, but originally from Indiana - about an hour and change east of Kokomo. My mom left me a message this morning telling me to check the Internet re. the tornado. Said Kokomo plus a few other areas (didn't specify which) got hit pretty hard. Sad story definitely & hoping the community bands together and bounces back quickly.
Used to spend some time at the Komomo Speedway back in the day. Had a friend who raced sprint cars, and used to go along with them as kind of a "gopher" running errands in the pits. That was always a good time. Nice, typical midwestern town. Thoughts and prayers go out to them.