PDA

View Full Version : Vintage Campagnolo 40mm brake blocks with a notch in the dovetail?

JeffreyG
08-22-2016, 06:15 PM
Hi All,

I ordered some retro 40mm dovetail kool stop brake pads for some early 90's Athena monoplaner brakes and when I popped out the old pads they had a notch in them for a trapezoid shaped nut that the kool stops do not have. I've looked online and the next closest thing I could find were kool stop pads for vintage Chorus that have the notch but not the correct dovetail. Has anyone else run into this problem? What's the fix? Are there other replacement pads available or should I just cut notches in the kool stop pads I have?

oldpotatoe
08-22-2016, 06:38 PM
Hi All,

I ordered some retro 40mm dovetail kool stop brake pads for some early 90's Athena monoplaner brakes and when I popped out the old pads they had a notch in them for a trapezoid shaped nut that the kool stops do not have. I've looked online and the next closest thing I could find were kool stop pads for vintage Chorus that have the notch but not the correct dovetail. Has anyone else run into this problem? What's the fix? Are there other replacement pads available or should I just cut notches in the kool stop pads I have?

Use a file or grinder or Dremel and cut a notch in the kook stop ones.

JeffreyG
08-22-2016, 11:31 PM
Worked perfect

JeffreyG
08-22-2016, 11:38 PM
With a little force they slid right into the holders