PDA

View Full Version : Old Saddle New Carbon Bike

baldbones
08-22-2016, 03:24 PM
I'm test riding a modern carbon frame (Canyon Ultimate) and despite trying a selection of saddles (Aliante, ProLogo Scratch, Bontrager ) all of which are comfortable enough on my steel bikes, but the only one that feels comfy is a Rolls..Does any body else ride a slightly incongruous looking old school saddle with a carbon sloped tubed bike? Pics appreciated!
Thanks
Rick

54ny77
08-22-2016, 03:42 PM
related story: i was riding recently in florida on a road where, no joke, one guy was on a giant penny farthing and his riding companion was on a super aero carbon tt bike. talk about juxtaposition! they smiled and waved as we crossed each others' paths. memorable moment. moral of story: ride whatever you want. :cool:

Bob Ross
08-22-2016, 04:10 PM
Does any body else ride a slightly incongruous looking old school saddle with a carbon sloped tubed bike?

No pics, but a friend of mine used to ride a bright yellow & purple carbon Aegis (I think it was the Aro Svelte model...the one with the strangely curved seattube) with a classic brown Brooks B17 saddle. Definitely an anachronism, although as soon as he climbed aboard it just looked like a badass modern carbon road bike.

buckfifty
08-22-2016, 04:22 PM
Didn't Fizik make the Volta for this exact reason? Supposedly it has the feel of those old classic saddles but a modern look

christian
08-22-2016, 04:29 PM
I ride a Regal on (almost) everything.

Steel Hampsten: Regal
Steel Zanconato: Regal
Aluminum Cannondale: Regal
Carbon Colnago: Regal
Carbon Giant: Giant Contact (but probably swapping for a Regal)
Carbon Santa Cruz: WTB SL8 (feels like a Regal)

christian
08-22-2016, 04:33 PM
Sep Vanmarcke's old Bianchi (with a Regal).

http://cdn.mos.bikeradar.imdserve.com/images/news/2014/04/16/1397605109287-1olvau78t3k9t-960-540.jpg

binxnyrwarrsoul
08-22-2016, 04:35 PM
Haven't bought a "new" saddle in a very long time, bikes, another story. Old generation Flites and SLRs on everything, ride what is works.