PDA

View Full Version : Bike shop weenies-QBP in Denver

oldpotatoe
08-19-2016, 06:31 AM
Ordered some 'will call' rims..and drove to Aurora to get them..to save $, time and see if it was 'worth it'..yikes..QBP doesn't do anything small..BIG warehouse..and the whole gig was pretty painless..right off the highway just short of DIA turnoff(for you local CO boys and girls).

Very friendly 2 I talked to also..they know QBP is a good deal.

Schmed
08-19-2016, 07:07 AM
My local shop is a hybrid LBS and mail order. You can order anything on their site, and it'll be at their shop the next day. I never figured how they could do this until now....

But - regular peeps can't order from QBP, right?

eBAUMANN
08-19-2016, 07:27 AM
My local shop is a hybrid LBS and mail order. You can order anything on their site, and it'll be at their shop the next day. I never figured how they could do this until now....

But - regular peeps can't order from QBP, right?

Nope, you need to be in "the industry" - that is to say own a shop or your own bicycle-related business.

Generally Q ships pretty quick but it all depends whats in stock and where its in stock. If you live in the same area as one of their 3 warehouses (Minnesota, Nevada, Pennsylvania), you can probably get stuff super fast (by picking up) but if its not in stock at the warehouse near you, it'll still be a couple days before it arrives.

Mikej
08-19-2016, 10:40 AM
There can be a required minimum order and shipping can depend on when the order is dropped. Many shops have a minimum they wait on to get better shipping, sometimes it's met in a day, sometimes.....days.

ColonelJLloyd
08-19-2016, 10:49 AM
There can be a required minimum order and shipping can depend on when the order is dropped. Many shops have a minimum they wait on to get better shipping, sometimes it's met in a day, sometimes.....days.

I don't know that there is a minimum order. QBP covers freight on orders over $500 for average shops as I understand it. Otherwise, freight is very reasonable. Orders of items in stock is shipped the day of order.

eBAUMANN
08-19-2016, 11:07 AM
I don't know that there is a minimum order. QBP covers freight on orders over $500 for average shops as I understand it. Otherwise, freight is very reasonable. Orders of items in stock is shipped the day of order.

Yep, shipping on a sub-$5/600 order is around $12-20 depending on what it is.
Any order submitted before 7pm CST(i think) goes out same-day.

jruhlen1980
08-19-2016, 12:27 PM
My LBS orders on Tuesday and the parts are in on Thursday. I find with 70-80% of items, the LBS price from QBP and shipping times are roughly equivalent to online purchases, once you factor in shipping. The exception being groupset stuff from the UK. And tires.

oldpotatoe
08-19-2016, 02:37 PM

$150 minimum order..$600 free ship.