PDA

View Full Version : ASI (Fuji's parent co) buys Performance

FlashUNC
08-18-2016, 05:55 PM
In case you thought Fuji already owned Performance given the floor stock, well now its actually the case.

http://www.bicycleretailer.com/north-america/2016/08/16/asi-buys-performance-bicycle#.V7Y8pjd8DfZ

54ny77
08-18-2016, 05:55 PM
Perfuji?

FlashUNC
08-18-2016, 06:01 PM
Fujance.

Ed-B
08-18-2016, 06:04 PM
PerFujince!

And let's not forget.... NashFujibar!

thirdgenbird
08-18-2016, 06:05 PM
PerFujince!

And let's not forget.... NashFuji!

Win.

FlashUNC
08-18-2016, 06:08 PM
Terrible wordplay aside, interesting that ASI thinks their best distro model at retail is to just, yanno, buy an entire retail chain rather than build a dealer network.

ahumblecycler
08-18-2016, 06:14 PM
Interesting bashing here considering a number of members shop across the pond and does not support the local bike shop like most advocate for :rolleyes:

Performance Bike has its role and its customers - if you do not fit the mold then so be it.

US economy is based on market space, and ASI projects buying PF and all subsidiaries will achieve this ... again, if this is not your mold then please move on.

Fuji produces quality bikes to include the new SL (quite nice).

54ny77
08-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Solid.

By the way I was just in one of those Nashfujiborfmance shops a couple of weeks ago, they had a killer sale on some bike snacks (shot blocks, bars, etc).

PerFujince!

And let's not forget.... NashFujibar!

FlashUNC
08-18-2016, 06:36 PM
Interesting bashing here considering a number of members shop across the pond and does not support the local bike shop like most advocate for :rolleyes:

Performance Bike has its role and its customers - if you do not fit the mold then so be it.

US economy is based on market space, and ASI projects buying PF and all subsidiaries will achieve this ... again, if this is not your mold then please move on.

Who's bashing Fuji or Performance in the thread? Did I miss something?

cadence90
08-18-2016, 06:46 PM
ASIance.

I actually really like my local store; good mechanic too.

thirdgenbird
08-18-2016, 06:49 PM
Who's bashing Fuji or Performance in the thread? Did I miss something?

I missed it too. Ive owned several performance/nashbar specials. Great bikes for the money. If I buy another mtb, it will be one of the first places I look. I would love a full rigid alloy 650b+ ride with 1x11 slx.

Ed-B
08-18-2016, 06:53 PM
Not bashing, just having some fun. If you can't play then move on...

beeatnik
08-18-2016, 07:03 PM
Performance is legit. They hire nice kids who go on to Instagram fame. Oh, and nice elderly folks as well.

Mr. Pink
08-18-2016, 08:07 PM
I hope their first move is to fire that obnoxious hipster store manager in Baltimore I have to put up with when I need some gloves or something.

Dranreb
08-18-2016, 10:09 PM
Used to love Performance/Nashbar then they started using UPS to ship:crap: Takes forever to reach FPO.

happycampyer
08-18-2016, 11:00 PM
Wouldn't Fuji + Nashbar = Fubar?

Elefantino
08-19-2016, 12:51 AM
Performance is legit. They hire nice kids who go on to Instagram fame. Oh, and nice elderly folks as well.
I resemble that remark.

And thank you. :D

Ed-B
08-19-2016, 04:47 AM
Wouldn't Fuji + Nashbar = Fubar?

Winner!

Cicli
08-19-2016, 05:10 AM
Thats fine.
I dont buy alot of stuff there but what they have works fine for me and the price is right.
Bought Skratch there last week for 14.99 a bag. That never goes on sale anywhere. Cleats, tubes ect...... Not too bad.
I dont use their shop services but then again, I wont use any shop services. They seem like nice guys though.
I have worked on Fuji bikes over the years and they are fine.

I look at them in a good light. If they get more people out riding their bikes they are doing a good service.

William
08-19-2016, 07:45 AM
Interesting...

Fuji
Kestrel
SE Bikes
Breezer
Oval Concepts
Phat Cycles

And now Performance.

William

54ny77
08-19-2016, 07:50 AM
Fukesebrovalphormance?

Interesting...

Fuji
Kestrel
SE Bikes
Breezer
Oval Concepts
Phat Cycles

And now Performance.

William

ultraman6970
08-19-2016, 09:25 AM
U cant blame them, trek, specialized and cannondale with their policies, pretty much were getting Fuji out of every store around the country. U cant get space, then buy a retail chain and problem solved, prices in fuji bikes should go down.

I dont know if this news will make me go more than once a year to one of their stores tho, they never have what I need anyways.