PDA

View Full Version : Yesterday was a bad day in Mass for cyclists

superbowlpats
08-18-2016, 06:09 AM
http://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2016/08/17/bicyclist-killed-in-lincoln-crash

http://www.boston.com/news/local-news/2016/08/17/bicyclist-seriously-injured-in-crash-with-pickup-truck-in-waltham

Uggh. 1 killed, 1 seriously injured

Be careful out there!

jzisk
08-18-2016, 06:23 AM
I was raised in Lexington... Am 60 years old now. Like those riders. I'm at our Maine place this week, and there's a great loop I ride here, with lots of drivers tooling by at fairly high speed. It's so awful to love something that is so hazardous. Thanks for the warning. Wishing returned health to one and peace to the other rider you presented. We take our lives in our hands, hoping not to cross paths with the distracted or the aggressive...

sandyrs
08-18-2016, 09:07 AM
Jesus. I ride both those roads semi-regularly.

guido
08-18-2016, 09:31 AM
Me too. Be safe out there friends!

benb
08-18-2016, 11:05 AM
Yikes I have rode both of these more times than I could ever count too, I went right by the Virginia road area 2x in the last week.

I actually had no idea Virginia road was Lincoln, I thought that was Bedford or Lexington, I would have even guessed Concord before Lincoln... some confusing town boundaries.

xeladragon
08-18-2016, 11:13 AM
The Lincoln cyclist was a coworker of mine. Based on the timing of the incident, he was probably out on his usual lunchtime ride. Truly tragic...

CampyorBust
08-18-2016, 11:52 AM
On these roads, this boggles my mind everytime! Deja Vu this happen two months ago in Lincoln as well.

Massholes and trucks (vehicles for that matter), don't get me started. Cameras, lights and bright clothing, cameras, lights and bright clothing! Awareness of cyclists and their legal status as vehicles on Mass roads needs desperate support and proliferation. Its not rocket science. A simple share the road sign makes a big difference, and that just one simple yet effective step forward towards less accidents.

I got one guy on camera and then ran into a cop half a mile down the road, the officer stopped the guy and chewed him out something fierce. For another time that story is.

Xeladragon sorry to hear you knew the victim.

sandyrs
08-18-2016, 11:55 AM
The Lincoln cyclist was a coworker of mine. Based on the timing of the incident, he was probably out on his usual lunchtime ride. Truly tragic...

Really sorry to hear that.