PDA

View Full Version : Sending invoice via paypal

tuscanyswe
08-13-2016, 02:45 PM
Recently I've been asked to send invoices via paypal quite often instead of just ppl sending me cash via paypal directly for items they have bought.

Is there a difference in buyer protection if one pay an invoice instead of just sending money via for "goods or services" with paypal? Is there another reason ppl are asking me to create invoice all of a sudden that I'm missing perhaps?

Ive never sent an invoice for personal stuff before. Felt like its more of a business thing than for selling used bike gear but perhaps i need to reconsider and just go with the times?

Cicli
08-13-2016, 02:51 PM
Maybe for Paypal credit?
They may be taking advantage of some of the 0% offers paypal gives out.

kramnnim
08-13-2016, 02:54 PM
Curious if these people are new to the forum and just here to buy/sell/flip...

campy man
08-13-2016, 03:56 PM
Buyer can use PP Credit with 0% interest for 6 months when paying via PP invoice :)

tuscanyswe
08-13-2016, 04:00 PM
Curious if these people are new to the forum and just here to buy/sell/flip...

I dont think new but they are perhaps not the members with the longest post count outside of the classifieds.

But i have also encountered elsewhere recently so maybe it has something to do with the 0 interest thingy.

Cicli
08-13-2016, 04:17 PM
I think its easier when paying with a CC also. If you dont have a paypal account.

tbike4
08-13-2016, 04:55 PM
I think its easier when paying with a CC also.

Yep. I once funded an ebya/paypal purchase with a CC and needed an invoice sent to get it done. Don't recall exactly why.

Ralph
08-13-2016, 05:25 PM
I do business on E Bay all the time using PayPal. Never have to send an invoice. You must be clicking wrong box or something.

tuscanyswe
08-13-2016, 05:29 PM
I do business on E Bay all the time using PayPal. Never have to send an invoice. You must be clicking wrong box or something.

I think you may have "read" something that wasn't there .)

unterhausen
08-13-2016, 09:31 PM
I like paypal invoices just so I know the money is the right amount and it's going to the right person. I have been put through some really stupid paypal shenanigans by sellers and an invoice cuts through all that. Then again, nobody wants to do it, not sure why

VTCaraco
08-13-2016, 09:37 PM
I like paypal invoices just so I know the money is the right amount and it's going to the right person. I have been put through some really stupid paypal shenanigans by sellers and an invoice cuts through all that. Then again, nobody wants to do it, not sure why

THIS...

I've suggested it when we've had some back-and-forth on details.
I find it affirms the details and adds a level of clarity that, at times, feels warranted.

Louis
08-13-2016, 09:41 PM
Is this what they mean, by a PP invoice?

https://www.paypal.me/pages/faqs

I've bought from one seller who sent me the link and it seemed to be fine.

dave thompson
08-13-2016, 09:49 PM
As unterhausen said; sending an invoice keeps things straight and clear. A good example would be if someone has multiple items for sale, each with its own shipping fee. You wanted to buy more than one item and asked for a price including shipping. The seller would then send you an 'invoice' stating the total price, including the discounted shipping for those items. Clear and concise.

I've had no issues asking or paying by invoice.