PDA

View Full Version : Athena triple blades and levers same as double?

Veloo
08-13-2016, 06:35 AM
Are the levers and blades on a set of 11 speed Athena triple shifters the same as those on the Athena double?

Guess it really just comes down to the internals of the left lever being a bit different?

oldpotatoe
08-13-2016, 06:49 AM
Are the levers and blades on a set of 11 speed Athena triple shifters the same as those on the Athena double?

Guess it really just comes down to the internals of the left lever being a bit different?

yes and yes...The Powershift levers and blades are the same as Ultrashift as well..

bikinchris
08-13-2016, 07:36 AM
That's one of the things I like most about Campy. Versatility in design. Double levers are triple too and the other way around too.

Ralph
08-13-2016, 11:55 AM
UH....Don't believe new doubles are also triples....especially with Power Shift. My 2010 10 speed Centaur Ultra was both.....but my 10 speed 2011 Power Shift were triple (which work on a double)....but the double of those would not work as a triple...as I recall. Don't know about new 11 speed Athena Power Shift doubles and triples....but suspect same. And BTW....On a triple where all the gears are close together front and rear....with no need for the dump feature (for a double shift to next gear).... in some ways I like the Power Shift better for a triple than the Ultra Shift. Push that FD button and "wham" shift done. Centered also....no need to trim. If you want or need a triple....the Athena looks pretty good to me.