PDA

View Full Version : Olympic Indoor Track Cycling On NOW!!!

weisan
08-11-2016, 03:31 PM
Olympic Indoor Track Cycling On NOW!!!

ptourkin
08-11-2016, 03:37 PM
Yes, yes. Young Jen Valente from my track and my club representing!

http://i130.photobucket.com/albums/p250/cecilhayduke/20160811_132218.jpg

denapista
08-11-2016, 03:47 PM
Where are you all seeing this stuff? NBC coverage is horrid. All I'm seeing is swimming and anchors cracking horrible jokes and giving odd interviews... The women water polo though.... Creepy camera guy, zooming in on the butts when they exited the water to sub player..

"Hey gymnast #1, how do you handle getting along with your other gymnasts teammates, knowing you're the star?" The look on the other gymnasts faces was priceless...

cadence90
08-11-2016, 04:07 PM
Where are you all seeing this stuff?

http://stream.nbcolympics.com/track-cycling-day-6

unterhausen
08-11-2016, 04:08 PM
I was pretty disappointed by the nbc olympic roku app. Nothing on there last night. I'll have to check it again.

phoenix
08-11-2016, 04:13 PM
Awesome! Already knocked out my ride for the day, now time for some Olympic Track Cycling!

ptourkin
08-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Where are you all seeing this stuff? NBC coverage is horrid. All I'm seeing is swimming and anchors cracking horrible jokes and giving odd interviews... The women water polo though.... Creepy camera guy, zooming in on the butts when they exited the water to sub player..

"Hey gymnast #1, how do you handle getting along with your other gymnasts teammates, knowing you're the star?" The look on the other gymnasts faces was priceless...

The NBC online stream is some kind of generic international feed. No human interest or other additions and commentators who know what they are talking about. No Phil and Paul bull****. The Australian woman is good.

weisan
08-11-2016, 04:33 PM

jruhlen1980
08-11-2016, 04:34 PM
Watching at work with the sound off. Pretty good stuff.

OT: Holy crap is NBC really, really, just spectacularly bad, at showing the Olympics. You'd think the only sports were swimming and gymnastics, and the U.S. was the only country. Plus what's with the stupid delayed/pre-packaged/edited/sanitized nonsense they're showing in primetime on their actual broadcast channels?

The online streaming is OK but it also seems to be some bush-league, sub-par quality stuff. It's constantly freezing and dropping; and their smartphone app is unusable. Even worse than it was in London. It just amazes me how bad NBC is at sports.

denapista
08-11-2016, 04:49 PM
Apple TV NBCSPORTS app is the best..

Watching track now. Damn Wiggo and his team are going to scorch for the medal!

cadence90
08-11-2016, 04:51 PM
The NBC online stream is some kind of generic international feed. No human interest or other additions and commentators who know what they are talking about. No Phil and Paul bull****. The Australian woman is good.
Completely agree.

OT: Holy crap is NBC really, really, just spectacularly bad, at showing the Olympics. You'd think the only sports were swimming and gymnastics, and the U.S. was the only country. Plus what's with the stupid delayed/pre-packaged/edited/sanitized nonsense they're showing in primetime on their actual broadcast channels?

Yes, they are terrible. The only Olympic sports are: swimming, gymnastics, beach volleyball, and NBC self-congratulatory tedium. It is completely insane that, as you said, in prime-time, they show those stupid up-close-and-personal puff pieces about Missy Franklin's "eternal bubbly optimism", or "Michael Phelps is a pretty good (yuk yuk) swimmer: look what he did in 2008" for the umpteenth time, etc., etc. rather than show even 10 minutes of any other sport. :crap:

weisan
08-11-2016, 05:03 PM
What attracted me to cycling in the first place is not road biking but track cycling. I still remembered the first time I saw on TV as a child the team pursuit event, I was completely mesmerized by the precision and speed-it was incredible.

I can only hope for someone highly knowledgeable of track cycling like 11.4 pal to chime in and offer some colorful insight to what we are seeing on screen today and the next couple of days - that would be super AWESOME!

unterhausen
08-11-2016, 05:43 PM
it was great when they used to show the heats of track sprint. Tandem sprint was a hoot as well. Late lamented ABC sports, back before they realized they could turn the whole Olympics into a cross between People Magazine and a generic soap opera

buckfifty
08-11-2016, 05:53 PM
Use a VPN to mask your location to either the UK or Canada and you can catch the coverage on the BBC's or CBC's website respectively

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

ptourkin
08-11-2016, 05:58 PM
it was great when they used to show the heats of track sprint. Tandem sprint was a hoot as well. Late lamented ABC sports, back before they realized they could turn the whole Olympics into a cross between People Magazine and a generic soap opera

They're showing every heat of the team sprint and team pursuit on NBC.com. Great coverage. No complaints. F tv.

cadence90
08-11-2016, 06:05 PM
They're showing every heat of the team sprint and team pursuit on NBC.com. Great coverage. No complaints. F tv.
Yeah, really good.

The men's team sprint was excellent.

ptourkin
08-11-2016, 06:47 PM
Yeah, really good.

Great race. Nice opening day for GB.

unterhausen
08-11-2016, 09:50 PM
thought I was doing great, d/l the app onto my fire tv and all the track stuff is there. Then I try to play it and it says that this channel isn't available on Time Warner TV. I have Comcast. Cannot figure out why it didn't ask me to authenticate anything. Grr.

Nice, I gave up and tried to use the website and went into an endless loop of authentication. No track for me

It only gets better, roku app still doesn't show any cycling events

any Xfinity subscribers tried looking for streaming on the set top box?

oldpotatoe
08-12-2016, 05:53 AM
Yeah, really good.

Yup..AppleTV, internet only..get NBCSports app via my son's dish account..excellent. NICE velodrome.

bcroslin
08-12-2016, 08:37 AM
Yup..AppleTV, internet only..get NBCSports app via my son's dish account..excellent. NICE velodrome.

Thanks for heads up! I didn't even realize you could watch with the NBC app on ATV.

Just checked and track is back on today at 3pm!

Joxster
08-12-2016, 09:01 AM
thought I was doing great, d/l the app onto my fire tv and all the track stuff is there. Then I try to play it and it says that this channel isn't available on Time Warner TV. I have Comcast. Cannot figure out why it didn't ask me to authenticate anything. Grr.

Nice, I gave up and tried to use the website and went into an endless loop of authentication. No track for me

It only gets better, roku app still doesn't show any cycling events

any Xfinity subscribers tried looking for streaming on the set top box?

Use a VPN Tunnel and watch it on BBC website

54ny77
08-12-2016, 09:04 AM
thanks for heads up yesterday. watched it lst night. for some reason the local cable co. kept the feed on which meant i could watch it after. it "saved" or cached in their stream.

those guys were FLYING! :cool:

thermalattorney
08-12-2016, 09:38 AM
Use a VPN to mask your location to either the UK or Canada and you can catch the coverage on the BBC's or CBC's website respectively

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

+1 It's worth the $7 to stream the BBC's coverage. Every sport, live. Plus less grating commentary. Check out tunnelbear.com (http://tunnelbear.com)

numbskull
08-12-2016, 09:43 AM
This is helpful to those new to the sport.
http://cyclingtips.com/track-events-explained/

ptourkin
08-12-2016, 11:28 AM
+1 It's worth the $7 to stream the BBC's coverage. Every sport, live. Plus less grating commentary. Check out tunnelbear.com (http://tunnelbear.com)

I use a vpn to watch most cycling on Eurosport with a subscription. I just want to point out one more time that the NBC stream, which most of us can watch for free if a friend gives us a cable login, is an international feed with nothing but racing and no human interest stories or any other crap. The less technically inclined will find this a lot easier than using hola or Tunnelbear or PIA, which I use.

ultraman6970
08-12-2016, 12:30 PM
Hope all the track stuff shows up at some point in some sites.

ptourkin
08-12-2016, 06:00 PM
That team pursuit was spectacular. GB third wheel must have been blind with that effort to get back on.

numbskull
08-13-2016, 01:31 PM
Women's team pursuit final is apparently on at 4:14 ET today. Shaping up to be an interesting one, GB vs USA, as both teams set WR's in their qualifying heats (the US besting GB's earlier mark).

Joxster
08-13-2016, 01:49 PM
Women's team pursuit final is apparently on at 4:14 ET today. Shaping up to be an interesting one, GB vs USA, as both teams set WR's in their qualifying heats (the US besting GB's earlier mark).

And then GB besting the US's time in the heat before :p ;) :D

numbskull
08-13-2016, 03:25 PM
Congrats to GB. Very impressive.

Joxster
08-13-2016, 03:33 PM
Whoosh, that was impressive.

ultraman6970
08-13-2016, 04:40 PM
I missed the races again? Damn it!

:(

cadence90
08-13-2016, 07:57 PM

.Laurine van Riessen (NED) out-Saganing Sagan... (http://www.cyclingweekly.co.uk/cycling-weekly/laurine-van-riessen-amazing-crash-escape-on-rio-track-274389)