PDA

View Full Version : julich fall caused bu wrong placed dimple?

ada@prorider.or
07-08-2006, 10:46 AM
och bad fall
did brake right ,used his front brake instead back brake caused him to block the front wheel

or was it a wrong placed dimple that zipp placed with csc on the disc
???????????????????????

Kahuna
07-08-2006, 11:22 AM
AAARRRRGGHGHHH!!!!!!!

Talk about spoiling the fun for those of us in different time zones who have been anxiously waiting to see the taped coverage. I woke up and checked the forum first. Big mistake. I might as well go back to sleep now.

People put the word SPOILER in the message title for a reason.

och bad fall
did brake right ,used his front brake instead back brake caused him to block the front wheel

???????????????????????

ada@prorider.or
07-08-2006, 11:25 AM
ok your right forgot it
i am really sorry we see it live here i tought you might look at it at internet live
again sorry

CalfeeFly
07-08-2006, 11:37 AM
Did anyone else think that the way Julich's bike "kicked" out today was very similar to Dave Z last year? Just a thought...

Cary Ford
07-08-2006, 11:39 AM
Julich's crashed under pressure before....1999. I'm sure it wasn't the bike, it was the rider.

Kahuna
07-08-2006, 01:09 PM
OK apology accepted. This was just a reminder. Me too. Watch first, forum second. :)

As for Julich, you could see his front wheel slide out just before he went down. Looked like someone pulled the rug out from under him. What a shame.

ok your right forgot it
i am really sorry we see it live here i tought you might look at it at internet live
again sorry

asgelle
07-08-2006, 01:34 PM
och bad fall
... or was it a wrong placed dimple that zipp placed with csc on the disc
???????????????????????
Given your close association with a well known German rider and his lack of descending ability, I wouldn't think you'd want to push this too far. Or did T-Mobile change wheels at the tops of climbs for the descents?

ada@prorider.or
07-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Or did T-Mobile change wheels at the tops of climbs for the descents?
i really do not understand the connection to this fall

i only remember a climbing time trail bike change?

and seen the image again i think the camel bag placed a role her since his gravity point came higher then he normaly his then on his road bike

the have to do a computer simulation and calc or this is
indeed the case

to fast to high gravity point to big slope to road with the tryre that has no enough connection properties in that angle

swoop
07-08-2006, 02:18 PM
julich crashed because he took the corner way too hot... any human being with half a brain that's ridden a tt bike with a disc on back knows that you have to finesse corners...
you can't win the tour if you don't think. julich is not so good at saying up in a tt. she shoulda thunk.

i just got off the phone with my friend that's making the movie with saunier duval... (cary knows him really well too but i wont out cary just yet) he said earlier this week on some of the cat 4 climbs when a lot of the guys were out of the saddle forcing the pedals.. floyd was just sitting serenely pedaling. everyone in the tour thinks floyd is a cut above. there is an aura around him.. if you will.

he said he heard levi say before the tt that he wasn't going to be a factor.. and that the other riders aren't surpised by levi's lack of performance. it's just too fast for him this year and the early season is different than the tour (this said about levi by another rider).

millar walked by him while we were chatting. millar is bummed about his result and a little .. i guess scared is the word.. about how he will compare to the others. my friend said to him that he 'looked good' today and millar laughed and said..'well, we all know that's the only thing that matters'.

that's all i've got. i think if you're really looking to not run into spoilers you need to not be online at any cycling website. it's really on you to steer clear. i'm sure no one here wants to spoil for you.. it's just on you regardless. atmo
remember this is all about having fun....

swoop
07-08-2006, 02:20 PM
Did anyone else think that the way Julich's bike "kicked" out today was very similar to Dave Z last year? Just a thought...

the best answer i have for this is go out and ride on a disc wheel inflated to 140... make sure it's a zipp.... go as fast as you can into some turns... and try to change your line mid turn.
have an ambulance follow you.

pdxmech13
07-08-2006, 02:23 PM
Levi went through and almost did the same thing
I thought to myself someone's gonna go down.

swoop
07-08-2006, 02:24 PM
this just in.. levi is still on the course. should finish by next tuesday.

Grant McLean
07-08-2006, 02:58 PM
millar walked by him while we were chatting. millar is bummed about his result and a little .. i guess scared is the word.. about how he will compare to the others. my friend said to him that he 'looked good' today and millar laughed and said..'well, we all know that's the only thing that matters'.

I have to wonder about how Miller feels about being "clean".

It's not easy bein' clean
Having to spend each day the color of the leaves
When I think it could be nicer bein' red or yellow or on epo
Or something much more colorful like that

It's not easy bein' clean
It seems you blend in with so many other ordinary things
And people tend to pass you over
'Cause you're not standing out like flashy sparkles
On the water or stars in the sky

But clean is the color of spring
And clean can be cool and friendly like
And clean can be big like an ocean
Or important like a mountain or tall like a tree

When clean is all there is to be
It could make you wonder why
But why wonder, why wonder?
I am clean and it'll do fine, it's beautiful

g

Too Tall
07-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Bwaaaaa hahahahaahah. Yer Killin' me Grant :)

OMG. funny as sheite.

Cees, appears he shifted his weight up and forward into the turn. Odd and unfortunate.

Mtn.s next. OH YEAH :)

obtuse
07-08-2006, 08:39 PM
och bad fall

???????????????????????

cees-
those dimples made his bike way too fast to pedal through that corner. he was like lightning because of those dimples. i can prove it with this graph. look at it really hard.

the oranje would have won the world cup if they just let zipp make their uniforms out of this up to date natural dimpled material; plus you can eat the insides when you're off the pitch and wearing a penny.

orange dimples are the future.

obtuse

swoop
07-08-2006, 08:56 PM
its nice to watch the tour defy the obvious predictions isn't it? you wanna see something you can only see in Los Angeles...
the link will take too long to post so i'll refer you to where i found it..

go to socalcycling.com and click through to the lance, jake gyllenhal (sic) video. the road from 7 time tour winner to fred is much shorter than anyone imagined. mathew mcconnaughy (sic) is rocking the baggy shorts too. looks like pch in malibu up near mulholland... not sure what climb.. i'll look again. dig the traffic we have to deal with out here.
lance is in white. this pic (below) is right before latigo canyon...