PDA

View Full Version : Waterford restoration/paint jobs?

Gsinill
08-10-2016, 10:36 AM
Picking up on Angry's thoughts below in the Cycle Therapy thread,...

I'm starting to think we need to do more work on a "good guys/bad guys" sticky thread to collect experience with various cycling related vendors.
seems like more and more negative stuff is popping up, and if we can save some headache, while simultaneously sending business to the "good guys" that would be a positive IMO.

...does anybody have experience to share with Waterford for restoration and repaints.

I have an old Paramount frame that I started to prep myself but way too busy to finish it.
Waterford is within driving distance for me and would be the logical place to have this done.
Event more so since I am also considering warm spreading it to 130 (I know, I know... cold spreading is easy, done it myself).

ColonelJLloyd
08-10-2016, 10:44 AM
My LBS is the go to place for vintage restorations here and I know he's sent a Paramount to Waterford and a couple to Assenmacher.

Check out this 1938 Paramount track (http://www.bikeforums.net/classic-vintage/749110-ebay-1938-paramount-track-23-frameset.html) that Waterford painted.

http://i32.photobucket.com/albums/d7/k4drd/Bicycles/1938%20eBay%20Paramount/CIMG7158med.jpg

Ken Robb
08-10-2016, 10:46 AM
I think a visit to Waterford would answer all your questions. You could talk with the guys who would do the work and ensure clear communication about what you want and what it will cost and see finished/painted bikes up close.

icepick_trotsky
08-10-2016, 10:55 AM
No personal experience, but I've heard nothing but great things about Waterford.

Just feels right for a Paramount to come home for a respray, too.

johnniecakes
08-10-2016, 11:06 AM
I had them paint a carbon fork to match a new gunnar frame I got. Excellent service and the paint looks perfect

bikingshearer
08-10-2016, 11:06 AM
No personal experience, but I've heard nothing but great things about Waterford.

Just feels right for a Paramount to come home for a respray, too.

+1 to all of the above.

Try PM'ing scooper (owner of the above-pictured 1938 Paramount track iron) about his experience dealing with Waterford. I think I can guarantee a glowing review, but you should let him give it to you.

Keith A
08-10-2016, 11:14 AM

Just feels right for a Paramount to come home for a respray, too.I've heard the same too and wouldn't hesitate to use them.