PDA

View Full Version : (almost) No West Coast USAC Pro CX. AGAIN!

Dr Luxurious
08-09-2016, 02:40 PM
http://www.usacycling.org/cnc/

one weekend in LA is all we get?

:mad: WTH?

bcroslin
08-09-2016, 03:07 PM
http://www.usacycling.org/cnc/

one weekend in LA is all we get?

:mad: WTH?

Not a single race in the SE. Not one. And I have to live in FL too so I don't want to hear it.

ColonelJLloyd
08-09-2016, 03:15 PM
CX is more suited to cooler temps and mud. When I think CX I do not think CA and FL.

sandyrs
08-09-2016, 03:18 PM
CX is more suited to cooler temps and mud. When I think CX I do not think CA and FL.

You can put on a great 'cross race in any climate.

eBAUMANN
08-09-2016, 03:24 PM

Well...yes, and no.
CX, sure, PRO CX...depends on the current state of the UCI water-feed rules, which everyone seems to be perpetually confused about.

I think it was Rochester last year where riders were dropping like flies from the heat and lack of water. Kinda stupid considering there is no rule against riding with a bottle...but then again some people believe "true" cx frames shouldnt have bottle mounts...:rolleyes:

ColonelJLloyd
08-09-2016, 03:38 PM

Sure. People also bring surf boards to lakes in the midwest.

shovelhd
08-09-2016, 06:03 PM
Well...yes, and no.
CX, sure, PRO CX...depends on the current state of the UCI water-feed rules, which everyone seems to be perpetually confused about.

I think it was Rochester last year where riders were dropping like flies from the heat and lack of water. Kinda stupid considering there is no rule against riding with a bottle...but then again some people believe "true" cx frames shouldnt have bottle mounts...:rolleyes:

I've allowed feeding in several CX races. It's up to the chief referee.

bcroslin
08-09-2016, 06:50 PM
I've allowed feeding in several CX races. It's up to the chief referee.

We deal with this issue damn near every CX race in FL. Some refs realize it's hot in FL and some think feeding is some terrible afront to the gods of CX or some such other dumb thing. Inevitably, feeding occurs anyhow with beer and bacon handups.

Anyway, no bellyaching Cally boy or you'll be forced to board a Ft Lauderdale bound flight for Boca del Vista.

oldpotatoe
08-10-2016, 06:03 AM
Well...yes, and no.

Pretty hard to shoulder a cross rig, particularly the many with sloping top tubes, with bottle cages in there.

topflightpro
08-10-2016, 08:04 AM
Not a single race in the SE. Not one. And I have to live in FL too so I don't want to hear it.

Last I checked, North Carolina is still in the Southeast.