PDA

View Full Version : Bike Rentals Redondo Beach Area

waypastfast
08-08-2016, 09:47 AM
Just curious if anyone has some recommendations on where to rent a road bike for a couple days in the Redondo Beach area. I am coming down that way at the end of the month and wanted to do a few days riding. From what I can see road bike rentals don't come cheap in that area. So perhaps someone has a connection I can use? Not interested in the hassle of bringing my own bike down from Canada. Thanks in advance!

Leoner
08-08-2016, 07:59 PM
If you're tall (i.e., 59cm top tube) you can barrow one of my bikes.

KJMUNC
08-08-2016, 10:27 PM
Oh man, wish I'd have known Leoner when I was in town this weekend ;)

Alternatively I've used Spinlister.com to rent two bikes in the last 6mo in LA. Both required having a car to go pick them up, but each time I just uber'd up to Santa Monica to pick it up (with my gear in tow - pedals, helmet, etc.) and then I rode it back to the South Bay. I wound up riding a Specialized Tarmac and most recently a Bianchi Oltre.....pretty awesome bikes.

Enjoy and make sure you get plenty of time to spin around the PV peninsula.

classtimesailer
08-08-2016, 11:34 PM
Sprockets Cycles is in my neighborhood. Road bikes 60 - 120 per day. Good people and nice bikes. Stand up paddle boards down in the harbor go for 15-20 per hour. The water has been really nice this summer--72 degrees.