PDA

View Full Version : Is a Tommasini Sintesi made from Columbus Neuron suitable for a 78kg rider

Llewellyn
08-07-2016, 12:11 AM
There's a Tommasini Sintesi on Ebay that has caught my eye. It's made from Neuron tubing which from what I've been able to find out is a high-end Columbus frameset, it's butted but the walls are quite thin (0.5mm). There's not much info out there about these but one comment was that the Sintesi is designed for lighter riders while the Tecnos is for the "stouter" rider. Does anyone know if a Sintesi would take a 78kg load?

oldpotatoe
08-07-2016, 05:51 AM
There's a Tommasini Sintesi on Ebay that has caught my eye. It's made from Neuron tubing which from what I've been able to find out is a high-end Columbus frameset, it's butted but the walls are quite thin (0.5mm). There's not much info out there about these but one comment was that the Sintesi is designed for lighter riders while the Tecnos is for the "stouter" rider. Does anyone know if a Sintesi would take a 78kg load?

I rode a DeRosa Giro with Neuron tubes for a long time...and I was and are .1 offa ton..ymmv..of course. I sold a Sintesi custom to a gent..and he was about 185, and one thing for sure, if a customer isn't happy, you hear about it..nothing heard..

Llewellyn
08-07-2016, 07:32 AM
I rode a DeRosa Giro with Neuron tubes for a long time...and I was and are .1 offa ton..ymmv..of course. I sold a Sintesi custom to a gent..and he was about 185, and one thing for sure, if a customer isn't happy, you hear about it..nothing heard..

Thanks Peter, hopefully I won't go back above 78kg!!!

RonW87
08-07-2016, 04:01 PM
I'm 76kg but ride a 63 c/t sintesi. Most wattage I've ever put out is 1200 for two seconds so I'm no sprinter. I have a lot of bikes and love the ride of this one (did a century on it today). Having said that, it's definitely not as stiff as some others.