PDA

View Full Version : Easton EC90 equipe bar w/ Ritchey WCS O/S stem?

BdaGhisallo
07-07-2006, 07:26 AM
Any issues with this combination? I know Ritchey have the 4Axis which is suppposed to be more carbon bar friendly, but it's a little bit fugly. The WCS is classier looking. Will the clamp damage the bar at all if I torque to spec?

Thanks.

rodenmg
07-07-2006, 11:54 AM
I've been using the standard sized 26mm EC90 with the WCS for a while now with no issues. I torque a bit under spec at 4nm and have no slippage problems either. I would think the OS bar/clamp would be even more resistant to damage and/or slippage.

SpaceOdyssey
07-07-2006, 12:12 PM
I cracked a set of Modolo Curvissimas with the WCS 2 bar (split) clamping system.

If you have the WCS where the two sides are tied together there shouldn't be as big a danger.

The 4Axis works great, even if it is a little fugly.

Lanternrouge
07-07-2006, 02:18 PM
According to the Competitive Cyclist website, using a non-Easton stem with the Easton carbon bars will void the warranty. I doubt that there's an actual issue with carbon-appropriate stems damaging the bars, so perhaps it's just a ploy to sell more stems.

Dave
07-07-2006, 04:49 PM
I've got two 4-axis stems with Easton EC-90 bars. It's the sleekest looking OS stem on the market, IMO. Holds the bars great.

I've resisted buying OS bars because most of the stems are so bulky looking. Not the Ritchey 4-axis.