PDA

View Full Version : Fizik Aliante Options, Spesh Power?

jmeloy
08-06-2016, 02:50 PM
Been using Aliantes forever but part of me (yeah, that part of me) is falling out of like with them. Mostly old stock and tried and didn't like new stock. Hearing good things about the Power but they tout an aggressive riding style and that ain't me.

Any converts got thoughts for me? Other options appreciated.

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

macaroon
08-06-2016, 03:35 PM
Fabric Scoop Radius.

yashcha
08-06-2016, 04:19 PM
I go back and forth between the aliante and Power. They feel the same to me shape wise, both very supportive, but with the Aliante I worry about long term damage to that area. When I am in shape, the Aliante does not bother me, but when I am out of shape, the Power seems to be more comfortable.

I just find the Aliante to be so nice to look at.

jmeloy
08-06-2016, 08:32 PM
Fabric Scoop Radius.

Got one I haven't tried. Will bolt it on. Any tip of alignment front to back? Level?

jmeloy
08-06-2016, 08:35 PM
I go back and forth between the aliante and Power. They feel the same to me shape wise, both very supportive, but with the Aliante I worry about long term damage to that area. When I am in shape, the Aliante does not bother me, but when I am out of shape, the Power seems to be more comfortable.

I just find the Aliante to be so nice to look at.

Yascha, I hear you on how the Aliante feels based on fitness. And also,love the look.

macaroon
08-07-2016, 03:28 AM
Got one I haven't tried. Will bolt it on. Any tip of alignment front to back? Level?

No alignment tips sorry. I used one briefly and found it comfortable. I'd guess the front and back should be level.

I've recently gone from an Aliante back to an Arione which I'm finding much better.

cdn_bacon
08-07-2016, 07:50 AM
Fabric scoop shallow was my guess as well.

Should have pulled the trigger on the one Broid was selling. Probably closest for those semi-upright riders like me.

wasfast
08-07-2016, 08:02 AM
I've been using Aliante's for the last 12 years. I took a chance on the Spec. Romin and have really gotten to like it. At first, it felt terribly hard/firm. It's not the cradle style that an Aliante is but it works.

I have very wide sits bones that supposedly fit a 155mm width best but having tried that width, it caused other issues. On an Aliante, my sits bones are literally on the outer edges of the 143mm width. I gambled on a Vitesse at one point, thinking it was a wider Aliante but no go.

+

yashcha
08-07-2016, 05:52 PM
Yascha, I hear you on how the Aliante feels based on fitness. And also,love the look.

Sadly, really out of shape right now, riding the aliante was too painful. Went out and bought a power for this bike. Very comfortable.

MattTuck
08-07-2016, 09:15 PM
I've been on a Power for the last 7 months. I like it. Very supportive where I need it. Down side of that supportive shape is that it can feel a little wide at times, especially on inner thighs.

weightshift
08-07-2016, 10:26 PM
I;ve been on Aliantes for the past five years. Once or twice a year, I'd get a week of saddles sores. Eventually, it got to be enough, and I switched to a Specialized Power earlier this year. I haven't looked back.

It also helps that I got my sitbones sorted out, and the 155 is so much better of a platform than the 143 of the Aliante.

The Power, at least for me, needs to be set with the front half level which makes the tail go up. The short nose gets rid of all that pressure up front, which is a great comfort.