PDA

View Full Version : DBRK type query...

autoloclys
07-06-2006, 06:39 PM
apologies if this is a repeat, my first try has not shown up for many minutes.

Ive noticed that a common comment here (outside of the racers) is that parts that make bikes more functional tend to make a bike more cluttered looking and less sexy looking. And that many people would like to see integrated or built in solutions rather than relying on planet bike and friends to out fit a bike with plastic-y Clip-on accessories.

Im coming from the urban track bike crowd and also love clean lines on my bikes, but also like not getting runover after dark. So ive made been trying to make seatposts and seats with integrated blinkers that are very unobtrusive when not turned on. At the moment ive just made them for myself, but my question is whether this is something that people would like to see out there and buyable? or have i just created a solution in search of a problem? Its not as cool as dynamo hubs and cromed lamps with internal wiring, but i like it.

My thinking was;
-unstealable
-un-"left it at home"-able
-weatherproof
-good looking silloutte

thoughts?
(W.W. DBRK. D. ?)

CNY rider
07-06-2006, 06:58 PM
Sure, I'd love to see a pic or two or three....

Too Tall
07-06-2006, 07:19 PM
There can never be enough good solutions for urban riders. The more practical well made considerate unpropietary yada yada they are the better :)

Good on yah. I like it.

Erik.Lazdins
07-06-2006, 07:32 PM
67% of my rides are at night so any innovative ideas will be eagerly read by me.

What I use is:

A Light and Motion ARC front headlight

2-3 cheap red flashies until I can work an integrated rear light solution.

All my experience in riding at night!

Have a good ride,
Erik

stevep
07-06-2006, 09:44 PM
i like the seatpost idea.
a couple of leds,
make it up...
something that smoothly attaches ..nice idea
s

Ahneida Ride
07-06-2006, 09:50 PM
My Metro Helmet has a slip for a Blinky LED.

My Legend has Rack Mounts. So I attached a LED bracket/LED
directly to the rack mount. Looks clean and professional.

Too Tall
07-07-2006, 06:49 AM
Dewd, while you are at it revive the Dutch seatpost lock...the cable stuffs into a slot and is perm. affixed via an internal cross brace...just yank the loop out and lock it....protects the seat + post + the bike. How old school cool is that?