PDA

View Full Version : Can someone tell me how Bikeflights works?

Jeff N.
08-04-2016, 05:45 PM
...never used it so have no idea where to go or what to do. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance. -Jeff N.

rcnute
08-04-2016, 05:46 PM
...never used it so have no idea where to go or what to do. Can someone enlighten me? Thanks in advance. -Jeff N.

They pick your bike up or you can drop it off with a Bikeflights label at Fed-Ex. The website is pretty user-friendly. Just used it for the first time last week.

Ryan

sparky33
08-04-2016, 05:48 PM
It's easy.
Go to the website, enter the addresses, box size and approx weight. Pickup or Fedex drop.
It is basically a commercial rate service for FedEx shipping.

pdmtong
08-04-2016, 05:49 PM
go to the website.

after you provide the information (ship from, ship to, etc.) and pay you will be emailed a Fedex ship label.

You can drop off or have picked up.

There is a special box to check when shipping a "serotta meivici". it is on page 3.

ripvanrando
08-04-2016, 05:50 PM
After you do the online information entering, the Fedex labels are e-mailed to you in 5-15 minutes if the shipment is within 10 days. If the shipment is beyond 10 days, you have to wait and that is the only pain if you are travelling and access to a printer is problematic; otherwise, totally happy from my perspective. $48 to ship a bike coast to coast. from home to hotel compared to $150 from the scarelines exclusive of dragging it to and from the airport at both ends. Fedex pickup is an extra 5 bucks

guido
08-04-2016, 05:56 PM
Best shipping deal in town. And they like bikes. What could be better?

R3awak3n
08-04-2016, 06:29 PM
about to ship a bike through them tomorrow. It will be the 3rd time and works super well. Site is super easy to use and very convenient (I am dropping bike at FedEx tomorrow but last time I had them pick it up).

Good prices too. I think average $80 to ship cross country fully insured with a bunch of camping gear in the box (if I had gone through FEDex, would have been at least $120 if not more)

huck*this
08-04-2016, 06:32 PM
I have used them a bunch of times. Shipped complete road, Mountain, CX bikes also frames, and wheelsets. Great asset to the biking community.

sokyroadie
08-04-2016, 06:33 PM
Works great, just remember to get the phone no. of the buyer, just like FedEx they require it.

Jeff

tbike4
08-04-2016, 06:58 PM
I sold a frame a couple of weeks ago. I gave the buyer the box dimensions, he e mailed me the bikeflights/fedex label so he paid. His request and very easy.

pdmtong
08-04-2016, 07:00 PM
I sold a frame a couple of weeks ago. I gave the buyer the box dimensions, he e mailed me the bikeflights/fedex label so he paid. His request and very easy.

yes, this aspect makes it very easy for the buyer to "pay shipping"

Jeff N.
08-04-2016, 07:11 PM
Well heck...I'll give it a shot. Thanks a bunch, y'all. I'm going to need them now that I'm in "thin the herd" mode. -Jeff N.

weisan
08-04-2016, 07:16 PM
Well heck...I'll give it a shot. Thanks a bunch, y'all. I'm going to need them now that I'm in "thin the herd" mode. -Jeff N.

was gonna say, Jeff pal, that you are mostly in the "import" business, kinda weird to see you getting into the "export" business now. You might want to email them to see if they can offer you a cheaper "bulk" rate, judging by the formidable size of your herd.

Jeff N.
08-04-2016, 07:33 PM
was gonna say, Jeff pal, that you are mostly in the "import" business, kinda weird to see you getting into the "export" business now. You might want to email them to see if they can offer you a cheaper "bulk" rate, judging by the formidable size of your herd.

Ha! Yep, got waaaaaay to many bikes. It was kind of an epiphany...time to downsize. I'm down to riding just a select 4 or 5 of them while the rest just...you know...HANG there. Time to pass them on for others to enjoy and, hopefully, make a few bucks...not NEAR what I put into them, of course, but...... -Jeff N.

daker13
08-04-2016, 07:34 PM
I used it twice this spring after reading about it here on the forum--really great. Makes it easy.

Dead Man
08-04-2016, 08:04 PM
Owner is a cool dude. Local racer/rider.. Have had a few friendly encounters with him. I think he sold me a moots stem for like $100 or some righteous deal

Other than that, I genuinely don't know **** else about bike flights

marciero
08-05-2016, 05:18 AM
... Fedex pickup is an extra 5 bucks

And another $5 for residential delivery. You can quickly determine shipping cost when selling items by entering zip codes but then keep in mind the additional $5 or $10 accordingly

oldpotatoe
08-05-2016, 05:51 AM

Basically a discount way to use FedEx for bigger boxes. I use it all the time for wheels.

Hilltopperny
08-05-2016, 06:02 AM
Best way to ship a bike! I have sent them to dubai and all across the country using bike flights. They broker the best deal and can pick the bike up from your house, local bike shop or you can drop off. Highly recommend the service.