PDA

View Full Version : IF Steel Crown Jewel

abradlow
04-04-2004, 07:22 PM
Here a photo of my new Independant Fabrication Steel Crown Jewel. First bike I've built with Record and it really rides great, very nimble, smooth and fast, it should hold me till Richard Sachs builds me a bike next year. The IF paint and welds are beautiful and the mix of tubesets especially the foco chainstays provide a surprisingly light (under 18lb with pedals and cages) package and if I went into weight-loss mode with carbon this and that I could get it under 17lbs but I like it like it is.
alec/tampa

FloridaRider
04-04-2004, 07:41 PM
I also hear the owner has a fondness for Hot Dogs with relish during his rest stops....now the world knows...sorry Alec!

e-RICHIE
04-04-2004, 07:46 PM
bitchin' water bottle.
e-RICHIE

ps

:D :D :D
:D :D :D
:D ;) :D

DollarBill
04-04-2004, 07:56 PM
undefinedDon;t forge the 2-for at 7-11. Also, you forgot to mention the he gets them at 9:30 in the AM!!

I am sorry also, Alec.

Tony Prioli
04-05-2004, 06:59 AM
I test rode this bike after assembling it. Pissed to say, my colorado 3 is now a second. This IF rides better than my oversized, sloping top tube, high bottom bracket serotta colorado 3!!! But I do have campy record 10, not 9. I'll race you!

Tony

davids
04-05-2004, 08:21 AM
That's a beautiful bike!

Enjoy!

dbrk
04-09-2004, 09:41 PM
I'm not all that keen on TIG'd bikes but for a few exceptions. Dario wins my heart with those tubes and paint and IF clearly carries the day on the welds and refinement. These folks have made TIG something to behold.

My incoming CJ will be pearl white with black and yellow decals...'cause you can't have enough white bikes. I have an older Planet Cross that deserves new paint. It's been raced, drawn and quartered and still does it right. This beautiful red is an excellent inspiration.

should have the CJ in a few weeks,

dbrk

abradlow
04-09-2004, 10:04 PM
Thanks for the great feedback guys-I've had this bike 8 days and haven't grabbed my merlin or either of my fixies once- this bike is a lot of fun. It's funny you mention Pegoretti cause I was bidding on one but then this crown jewel popped up and I'm glad I jumped on it, aside from richard sachs and a few others I don't think you can beat an IF. More pictures at:
http://www.ifrider.com/register/crownjewel001.htm
Oh and I found a great hot dog stand today in downtown tampa-really good condiments!

RDP
04-09-2004, 10:20 PM
That is classical steel...nice bicycle.

paengn
04-10-2004, 01:34 PM
Very nice!! Enjoy many miles on this bike!!

TimD
04-10-2004, 07:17 PM
I test rode this bike after assembling it. Pissed to say, my colorado 3 is now a second. This IF rides better than my oversized, sloping top tube, high bottom bracket serotta colorado 3!!! But I do have campy record 10, not 9. I'll race you!

Tony

Must be the fork :)

Tony Prioli
04-11-2004, 07:24 AM
You may be right! I have never owned a ouzo pro fork. I am using look hsc 3 fork. It is flimsy for sure. I am a total Serotta man. I am keeping my colorado 3. I road great last weekend in a pro 1,2 crit, and also the 35 plus masters race. I finished with ease, after a long absence in the racing scene. I keep my cat 1 liscense renewed just in case I get the itch. Bring on the bumpy races, I am ready.

Tony