PDA

View Full Version : For better or worse, I am back.

saab2000
07-05-2006, 12:30 PM
My sick Apple iBook G4 has been healed! Now I can resume wasting way too much time online, at this site and others less reputable!

:D

Kevan
07-05-2006, 01:15 PM
share with us those less reputable websites. Hey, we're family here!

IT-wise: Is it better to find half or a whole worm in your Apple?

catulle
07-05-2006, 01:18 PM
Less reputable than this place here? Shhhh...

Too Tall
07-05-2006, 01:42 PM
Must have been one heck of an electrical surge pal.

Ginger
07-05-2006, 01:52 PM
Whew...thought you went and got married or something drastic.

My question is: Where's Manet?

Fat Robert
07-05-2006, 01:55 PM
get down here

bring your bike

I need some company in the "put the dang stem on the headset" club

saab2000
07-05-2006, 02:02 PM
Whew...thought you went and got married or something drastic.

Sadly no. The young lady I am madly in love with (honest) is not smitten with me. She sees me as friend/confidant/big brother type........... Sucks when that happens.

Fat Robert - I am almost certain to be moving to Virginia Beach in August. I definitely plan to get down there to ride then as I will be closer and have more time. Today I am just hanging around my folks' house in Appleton and will go riding as soon as the sunburn risk subsides in about 1 hour. Ridin' the CIII in Appleton on a July afternoon - about as good as it gets!

Ginger
07-05-2006, 05:14 PM
Sadly no. The young lady I am madly in love with (honest) is not smitten with me. She sees me as friend/confidant/big brother type........... Sucks when that happens.

Ah I see....men I know are always madly in love with women who don't want them that way.

Fixed
07-05-2006, 06:11 PM
bro we have all been there the kiss of death but welcome back .( the worst) you treat them like a loved one they treat you like a friend . that hurts
cheers .

Ginger
07-05-2006, 06:51 PM
Yeah...and those same guys have three or four women they know who would enjoy sharing their lives with them; but the guys are drawn to the flame like moths.

Ray
07-05-2006, 07:01 PM
Yeah...and those same guys have three or four women they know who would enjoy sharing their lives with them; but the guys are drawn to the flame like moths.
I'd think about jumping in here with my extensive library of experience based wisdom, but that image from the other thread of Cindy Crawford as a guy really messed me up. You're all on your own wrt the opposite (or the same?) sex.

Yo Saab, glad to hear you're finally gonna settle somewhere. Enjoy!

-Ray

Ginger
07-05-2006, 07:06 PM
Nah...just a victim of faulty construction (My post...not Cindy...)

Too Tall
07-05-2006, 07:06 PM
(the Hee Haw version below. Dan Hicks and his hot licks do a better rendition)

"I've talked to your mother and I've talked to your dad,
They say they've tried but it's all in vain.
I've begged and I've pleaded, I even got mad,
Now we must face it, you give me a pain.

How can I miss you when you won't go away?
I keep telling you day after day,
But you won't listen, you always stay and stay,

Your never-ending presence really cramps my style,
I dream that it won't always be the same.
At first I was attracted, but after a while,
Have you ever heard of a "hard to get me?"

I keep telling you day after day,
But you won't listen, you always stay and stay,
How can I miss you when you won't go away?"

"How Can I Miss You (When You Won't Go Away)"

saab2000
07-05-2006, 07:18 PM
Two and a half years ago I lost my dream career. I flew for Swissair and had the world by the tail. Got laid off. A month later as I am in Florida training to get my US licenses my wife calls me to tell me that she is shipping my stuff to me in the US and our 11 year marriage is over. Double sucker punch. Not cool.

Just now beginning to venture out socially after getting up back on my feet professionally. Meet a terrific woman at work. She needs me and calls me five times per day. We hang out and meet all over the country and call each other from different parts of the world 24/7. She is 'aviation' too. Fall madly in love. Her too. But not in the right way I guess.

You would think that after all these years of doing what I do the hurt would not sting as much as it does. But it still is the same as it was the first time someone dumps you.

Oh well. Poop happens.

Did have a good 50 mile hammer on the CIII today! The tubies sing on the country roads I don't get to ride on often enough. Out on those bare country roads is where this bike is really in its element.

fmbp
07-05-2006, 08:23 PM
Hey Saab,

I'm a Lawrence U. grad. I sure do miss those roads outside of Appleton as I am now stuck in Houston for the next few years at least. Climb Highcliff for me a few times, will you?

Thanks,
fmbp

onekgguy
07-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Saab...I've been doing some riding on the roads in western WI...hwy 35 out of Prescott...what a beautiful ride. I'm sure you've done your share in that neck of the woods. Truly God's country.

Best wishes on the move out east. We should try and ride together once or twice if your schedule allows...I'm in Lakeville.

Kevin

saab2000
07-05-2006, 08:48 PM
I know the riding around Appleton, WI very well. My brother and mother are both graduates of Lawrence University and I grew up here.

The best riding in the state is in the Madison area and west of there and up towards LaCrosse, WI. God's country! I have never heard anyone who has ever ridden here say anything bad about it, except in winter. :D

The move out east is just for now I hope. I am only signing a 6 month lease in Virginia Beach. Still keeping my eye on Philly and DC where we also have bases. But I will be quite senior in Norfolk and will upgrade to captain there soon, sooner than in the other bases. That is why I choose Norfolk above the better riding of Philly.

But I also have some irons in the fire regarding some other companies, including one which flies great big scary 4-engine airplanes all over the world. Would be neato! And I would probably get some life back too!

Brian Smith
07-05-2006, 09:19 PM
Welcome back, Saab.
Your story brings back memories I'm not happy about, but that is beside the point, sorry.
Welcome back to ill repute.

Too Tall
07-06-2006, 07:56 AM
..AND when you lower your standard enough to ride with me I'll make you dinner and crack a few Belgian beers.

stevep
07-06-2006, 08:02 AM
no belgian beer please.
you must drink budweiser as they sponsored the world cup.

Too Tall
07-06-2006, 08:05 AM
Is there a trailer park involved? And what about smokes?

Please sir, some more.

Roy E. Munson
07-06-2006, 08:06 AM
no belgian beer please. you must drink budweiser as they sponsored the world cup.

...and belgian beer generally tastes like schit :banana:

Avispa
07-06-2006, 10:15 AM
share with us those less reputable websites. Hey, we're family here!

Hey not only that.... What is said in the forum, STAYS IN THE FORUM!