PDA

View Full Version : Vittoria CORSA

Premton
07-29-2016, 10:13 PM
I've been running Vittoria's for a few years, I now got the new Corsa 23 clincher.
Great ride quality, corner grip and fast. I was falling in love until they started to peal on two spots on the rear and the front has a very very small 5mm peal. Anyone had this problem?
I have less then 500km's...***?

http://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160730/daae1744ee9eb59a083b994ecd9e90ca.jpghttp://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20160730/eebfb6c1890c7cff6f7ca1eb88894c2b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

djdj
07-30-2016, 07:39 AM
That can be fixed with Barge cement/glue.

fignon's barber
07-30-2016, 07:53 AM
I've been using vittoria and veloflex open tubulars for probably 20 years now. I've had a few tires delaminate like that. A very very thin application of cement took care of it with never a problem.

Dead Man
07-30-2016, 08:25 AM
That can be fixed with Barge cement/glue.

Yup.. Had an FMB that peeled pretty much half the tread... Stayed glued everywhere I plugged in barge cement though

Tickdoc
07-30-2016, 08:36 AM
Yes with the old corsa's, no with the new ones. Little rubbing alcohol to clean and dry followed by some contact cement will patch them up.

Premton
07-30-2016, 05:54 PM
I'm not gluing anything. I payed for a good quality tire, I will return the set Monday at my LBS.
It's just disappointing as this are listed $200CDN for the set. I know I can get them cheaper online but they will be swapped on the spot from my LBS

It's hard to find good quality control on mass produced ****.

buddybikes
07-30-2016, 06:41 PM
buy vulanized then...

Clancy
07-30-2016, 09:47 PM
Looks like a warranty issue. I bet if you contacted Vittoria, they'd take care of it. Or as you mentioned, your LBS.

Vittoria produces quality stuff, this has to be a manufacturing hiccup

stephenmarklay
07-30-2016, 10:01 PM
I'm not gluing anything. I payed for a good quality tire, I will return the set Monday at my LBS.
It's just disappointing as this are listed $200CDN for the set. I know I can get them cheaper online but they will be swapped on the spot from my LBS

Well Challenge tires have a reputation for this very thing and they are hand made.

oldpotatoe
07-31-2016, 05:58 AM

That's what I would do too, this shouldn't happen altho I've seen it on a variety of bike tire brands. I think, altho more $, LBS connection means an easier warranty/swap..if MO, you may or may not get any support..certainly more time involved. Hope the LBS has their stuff in one sock on this..The distributor will warranty almost certainly.

Dead Man
07-31-2016, 08:38 AM

Yea.. If you bought those from a shop, you paid a LOT of money for them - that ought to buy you better service. In that case, I'd bring em back too.

And it'll be good for vittoria to hear about it from one of their dealers.

Gartenmeister
07-31-2016, 05:53 PM
I pulled one of those (the new Corsa) out of a tight brake caliper the other day without deflating it enough and caused the same separation you are showing. My fault for sure, but I was surprised how easily it separated since it wasn't that tight. The tire was brand new, never ridden BTW.

Dead Man
07-31-2016, 06:34 PM
I don't think that's your fault.. That's the glue guy's fault.

alyosha_s
08-01-2016, 06:50 AM
the brake caliper thing makes sense, kinda sucks though since they're quite expensive tires!