PDA

View Full Version : Crap day part two

Joxster
07-27-2016, 03:06 PM
Ok this has been going on for a bit now.

I'm helping a friend out by being an emotional crutch and making sure he doesn't mess up running his business by being stupid. His mother was diagnosed with stage 5 pancreatic cancer, so not long to go. He is really close to both his parents and is struggling with it, and to top it off today is his mothers birthday. Whilst I'm being the hard faced git about it, it's still hard to watch and it's affecting me in a roundabout way because my mother isn't in the best of health currently. I've already been through this when my dad passed.

Ok who has my beer?

weisan
07-27-2016, 03:10 PM
Jox pal, you are a jolly good fella. Keep up the faith...it will pass.

Mzilliox
07-27-2016, 03:13 PM
my mother is also not well, heres a beer:beer:

ColonelJLloyd
07-27-2016, 03:28 PM
I lost my mother this year. She was my favorite person. I'm only 35 and life isn't fair. Be thankful you've had your mother this long and make the most of the time you have left. Help your friend also find that perspective.

There's not a whole lot you can do you for your friend, but being around to take his mind away from the pain is more helpful that you may realize. You can't be unaffected by his suffering, but that's life and, as you now, part of what we accept without question for those which are important to us.

Want to trade some local Scotch for bourbon?

Tandem Rider
07-27-2016, 04:00 PM
Going through a tough time too, I was talking to a buddy today and he reminded me that 100 years from now nobody will remember how hard our challenges are because everyone has them. That's just for perspective, not a kick in the rear.

I got your beer :)

rounder
07-27-2016, 04:01 PM
My mother died two weeks ago in her sleep at home. She was 94 and just seemed to fade away at the end. That weekend, our family and friends had a celebration for her.

I know everyone's situation is different, but my mother lived a good life and had lots of friends.

tiretrax
07-27-2016, 06:13 PM
Go for a bike ride, then have the beers guilt free. Despite Eva Cassidy singing the words, time isn't always a healer. Best wishes to your friend and to you.

572cv
07-27-2016, 08:58 PM
Jox, some periods of time just turn out to be hard. I lost my dad two weeks ago, and the emotional surges just keep coming out of nowhere. May your crap day issues fade with time, may the air be clear and bracing, and may the riding in your region be a source of great relief, and solace.

staggerwing
07-27-2016, 09:10 PM
A different perspective maybe, but a little sour lets us appreciate how sweet life can be.

oldpotatoe
07-28-2016, 06:29 AM
Ok this has been going on for a bit now.

I'm helping a friend out by being an emotional crutch and making sure he doesn't mess up running his business by being stupid. His mother was diagnosed with stage 5 pancreatic cancer, so not long to go. He is really close to both his parents and is struggling with it, and to top it off today is his mothers birthday. Whilst I'm being the hard faced git about it, it's still hard to watch and it's affecting me in a roundabout way because my mother isn't in the best of health currently. I've already been through this when my dad passed.

Ok who has my beer?

"things will be ok in the end, if it's not OK, it's not the end"..-anon

Hang in there, try to enjoy your beautiful city. I won't say something so 'trite' as go for a bike ride(Opps, I just did) but couldn't hurt. Make sure they are comfortable, make sure they know you love them, regardless of who 'they' are.

Hilltopperny
07-28-2016, 08:01 AM
Sorry to hear about your friends issues and yours as well. I lost my father at the age of 15 and know what it's like to go through the motions of watching a parents health rapidly decline. It is a trying time and awful, but best to make the most of the time you have left with them. I know after watching my fathers health decline rapidly that I was almost relieved when he passed. Cancer sucks and what it does to those with it is heart wrenching. Stay strong and keep a positive outlook and find solace that no matter what comes after this physical world that whether we pass on to some other plane of existence or dissappear into the ether that it will be a relief from the pain of cancer. :beer: