PDA

View Full Version : Pinerello Lungavita

overmyhead
07-27-2016, 11:40 AM
I've been thinking on replacing my Milwaukee fixie with something that fits me a little better. I saw a Lungavita a few years ago and thought it was very pretty but as we know, looks aren't everything.
There's one for sale here locally for $600 (2014). It is the black and creme model. I would probably switch out most of the components from my Milwaukee. It would wind up being roughly an even trade once the Milwaukee is sold.

http://providence.craigslist.org/bik/5700897571.html

Does anyone know anything about them or have any feedback?
Thanks

ultraman6970
07-27-2016, 03:53 PM
Never tried one but if i was racing I would use one to put a lot of miles of fix gear in the road in one of this bikes.

sandyrs
07-27-2016, 03:55 PM
If it fits why not? But also, you could probably get an older steel frame for less money and equal "performance."

overmyhead
07-28-2016, 01:48 PM
I'm going to look at it tomorrow.
I do prefer steel but I'll take it for a ride and see what comes of it.
I'd been looking to replace my Milwaukee with the Bianchi Pista Classica frame but the cost is a bit too high.
Frankly for my around town and errand riding I could easily just stick with the Milwaukee but I guess I'm just a bit restless.
I know fixies aren't the entree on the main menu here but I find riding fixed to be a great discipline and it has helped my road riding a lot.
Here's the Milwaukee for those who are interested.

overmyhead
07-29-2016, 02:05 PM
I saw it this morning.
It is next thing to new and as beautiful as the picture. Unfortunately I couldn't ride it due to the weather conditions but I am going back Monday for a ride.
The seller said there's a little wiggle room on the price - $550 - but I still haven't been able to find a decent review on it.

overmyhead
08-04-2016, 09:38 AM
Ah, it pays to ask the experts!
My bike guru strongly advised me to steer clear of the Pinerello.
He likened it to the new "Masi"s that are out there now.
I thanked the owner and walked away.