PDA

View Full Version : jeremy piven doors a cyclist

vqdriver
07-20-2016, 08:16 PM
ugh. the celebrity spin on the tmz article is a bit tiresome, but it seems the rider got a few stitches to the chest which sounds like the impact was mostly with the corner of the car door rather than the ground. ouch.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/%e2%80%98entourage%e2%80%99-star-jeremy-piven-allegedly-%e2%80%98badly%e2%80%99-injured-bicyclist/ar-BBuyXnr?li=BBnbfcL

Seramount
07-20-2016, 08:52 PM
good reason to not ride in the 'door zone'...

velotrack
07-20-2016, 09:33 PM
I originally read this as "Jeremy Powers doors a cyclist".

azrider
07-21-2016, 10:35 AM
ugh. the celebrity spin on the tmz article is a bit tiresome, but it seems the rider got a few stitches to the chest which sounds like the impact was mostly with the corner of the car door rather than the ground. ouch.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/tv/celebrity/%e2%80%98entourage%e2%80%99-star-jeremy-piven-allegedly-%e2%80%98badly%e2%80%99-injured-bicyclist/ar-BBuyXnr?li=BBnbfcL

Ummm......since when do cops need to be "present" to issue a citation?

"Piven did not receive a ticket since cops didn't witness the incident, but police sources told TMZ that Piven was at fault for the accident."

cdn_bacon
07-21-2016, 10:53 AM
but he's famous. Ticket rescinded.

Jgrooms
07-21-2016, 11:53 AM
It never ends!

California Vehicle Code Section:

"No person shall open the door of a vehicle on the side available to moving traffic unless it is reasonably safe to do so and can be done without interfering with the movement of such traffic, nor shall any person leave a door open on the side of a vehicle available to moving traffic for a period of time longer than necessary to load or unload passengers,"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dead Man
07-21-2016, 12:11 PM

"Piven did not receive a ticket since cops didn't witness the incident, but police sources told TMZ that Piven was at fault for the accident."

I'm quite sure it was just a matter of the responding officer not wanting to issue the ticket, and when asked why "cuz I didn't see it happen" was his offered personal reason/justification - not saying there be some law preventing him from doing so.

sitzmark
07-21-2016, 12:18 PM
Jeremy who? No really, who? :)

The only value for this being "news" is that it hopefully raises everyone's attention to the issue of opening doors before checking surroundings.

SoCalSteve
07-21-2016, 03:18 PM
but he's famous. Ticket rescinded.

You like him? Do you know him? I know many people who worked on Entourage from start to finish and they all agree on one thing...JP is a real douche - bag.

Ti_on_Steel
07-21-2016, 08:06 PM
Moved....wrong thread.

d_douglas
07-22-2016, 12:49 AM
You like him? Do you know him? I know many people who worked on Entourage from start to finish and they all agree on one thing...JP is a real douche - bag.

He's a funny douchebag, though. Best car salesmen movie actor ever!

I once nearly doored a cyclist. I was totally clued out and felt terrible. I told him I was a cyclist myself, but he jus gave me the finga ;(... Guess I deserved it...

soulspinner
07-22-2016, 07:12 AM

Actor friend of daughter says hes the worst. just hearsay:rolleyes:

vqdriver
07-31-2016, 12:29 PM

so i was thinking the same thing at the time. but i've since heard a radio segment on citizen's arrests, and a LEO called in to the station on the air. apparently they do need to see it for a misdemeanor. if a witness had wanted to, they could have made a citizen's arrest and done the appropriate paperwork. but for something that was apparently an accident and not a crime, i doubt it would occur to anyone to do so.

weisan
07-31-2016, 01:15 PM
I actually don't know that's his name until I looked it up. My most vivid memory of his acting was in the movie "The Family Man", starring Nicolas Cage and Jeremy was his best friend. They were at the bowling alley and Jeremy was alerting his good friend Cage the real and present danger of committing extra-marital affairs...

Arnie (Jeremy): A little flirtation is harmless but you're dealing with fire here. The fidelity bank and trust is a tough creditor. You make a deposit somewhere else, they close your account - FOREVER.

Check out the video here:
http://www.metacafe.com/watch/7746442/the_family_man_2000_propositioned_by_married_lady_ part_2/