PDA

View Full Version : Anyone tried the Schwalbe S-One Tubeless 30mm?

Tommasini53
07-19-2016, 10:28 PM
I've been using 28mm Hutchinsons and they have been nice for both pavement and gravel. I'm curious about the S-one Schwalbes. are they true to the 30mm sizing? they would be mounted on HED Belgium rims, Carl Strong road frame with an Enve 2.0 fork. i'm fairly certain a 30mm would fit in the rear...not so certain about the fork. any experiences?

ripvanrando
07-19-2016, 10:58 PM
I have not mounted them but a fellow racer on TRANSAM from Australia rode them and he said they measured 31 mm. This is what the 28 mm pro one tubeless measure out at on most rims. I like the ride but the pro ones split the casing very easily. Happened too many times to me. A racer from Finland was stranded at 1 am due to the same BS on these tires. I suspect/hope the s one are better. I'll post back after putting some miles on them.

Tommasini53
07-20-2016, 09:53 PM
I have not mounted them but a fellow racer on TRANSAM from Australia rode them and he said they measured 31 mm. This is what the 28 mm pro one tubeless measure out at on most rims. I like the ride but the pro ones split the casing very easily. Happened too many times to me. A racer from Finland was stranded at 1 am due to the same BS on these tires. I suspect/hope the s one are better. I'll post back after putting some miles on them.
yikes, thanks for the heads up on the pro-ones. i've been riding on Hutch Secteurs 28mm. these have been great on road and gravel.

DrSpoke
07-20-2016, 11:18 PM
I've used them and loved them. They were pretty much my all purpose and training tire on my fast gravel bike. I abused them on the trail and they held up well. In addition, they rolled well on the road as well as having great traction in corners. For the event, 100+ mi of pavement & 40+ mi of trail, I used the Pro-One 28s. And they were great too. Unfortunately I don't have the S-Ones mounted currently so can't measure them. If for pure road use, I'd recommend the 28s. That said, my friend left his 28s on his gravel bike and has been riding it like he does his mountain bike - that is, over everything - w/no issues.

melac1
07-20-2016, 11:29 PM
I used them on my city bike for a while and they definitely run a bit big though. If your frame can actually fit these tires, I do strongly recommend them.