PDA

View Full Version : Swiftwick socks

stephenmarklay
07-16-2016, 04:53 PM
I have have a few pair now and wonder how they hold up. I would like to get some more but they are not super cheap so I wanted to know if they are going to give me good service life.

sw3759
07-16-2016, 05:12 PM
have about 10 pair total and all of mine have been wearing like iron past few years.none are worn out.seems like for cycling they get a lot less stress than running and everyday use.
just bought 2 more new pair on ebay w/mellow johnny logos for good price...go Lance :rolleyes:

nothing not to like except the price imo

cadence90
07-16-2016, 05:13 PM
There was a recent Swiftwick thread here (http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=186513), and the reviews were generally very positive, so I bought some.
I definitely like them so far.

stephenmarklay
07-16-2016, 05:24 PM
Thanks guys. Rei has some on clearance. Not giveaway prices but a few bucks off.

buddybikes
07-16-2016, 05:51 PM
I love Feetures! - specifically the ultra light. Specific left and right. Have bad diabetic neuropathy, but these low cut work well, treat them like gold - separate washing, hand drying.

beeatnik
07-16-2016, 06:25 PM
Swiftwick is legit.

trener1
07-16-2016, 06:27 PM
I have a bunch and so far so good.
Like the other poster noted, I wash them along with my cycling kits on the delicate cycle/cold and hang dry them.

carpediemracing
07-16-2016, 06:47 PM
I have have a few pair now and wonder how they hold up. I would like to get some more but they are not super cheap so I wanted to know if they are going to give me good service life.

I started buying them in 2010 (team/club socks). I literally cannot tell which ones I started using in 2010 and which ones I started using in 2014. They all seem new.

If you have cats (or maybe dogs?) they are the best cat hair picker-upper. I just walk around a bit and I have cat hair all over my socks. This after a fresh vacuuming etc. So that's the only drawback.

Due to having kid and taking care of my dad we have to do sometimes 5 or 6 loads of laundry a day. This means I use the quick/warm water cycle to save time. I dry them low heat. No issues. They are bullet proof.

Matt-H
07-16-2016, 08:12 PM
If you have cats (or maybe dogs?) they are the best cat hair picker-upper. I just walk around a bit and I have cat hair all over my socks. This after a fresh vacuuming etc. So that's the only drawback.

Socks wear super well, but yeah, we've got a Sheltie and they do a good job of getting what we miss. Won't stop me from buying more.

stephenmarklay
07-16-2016, 09:19 PM
I am the kinda guy that just buys a bunch of what I like and then use them for as long as I can. I think the last time I really bought cycling socks was a close on wool socks and I bought about 20 pair. I still have most of them.

I like the Swiftwick feel a lot.

I am going all in :)

carpediemracing
07-16-2016, 09:46 PM
I should add that I wear the socks as regular socks. It's not just for riding. Also I walk around the house in socks a lot, so they're on a lot.

oldpotatoe
07-17-2016, 05:41 AM
Saw the other thread, bought a pack of 3 pair and gotta say, they were too tight around ankle for me..so for those who are thinking about trying these..if ya got fat ankles...might try one pair first. :o

mistermo
07-17-2016, 12:32 PM
Saw the other thread, bought a pack of 3 pair and gotta say, they were too tight around ankle for me..so for those who are thinking about trying these..if ya got fat ankles...might try one pair first. :o

They are tight for me too, but I still like 'em. However, my new, favorite go to sock are the wool Darn Tough socks. They're replaced Smartwool as my favorites.

stephenmarklay
07-17-2016, 02:49 PM

Yeah the ankles are compression...

weisan
07-17-2016, 04:24 PM
First time that I bought socks that I will be using solely for cycling. Found them on SierraTradingPost a month ago, used a discount code which brought it down to $5 a piece, ordered 6-7 pairs. Had been using them for the last month or so on almost every ride...they are fine.

rab
07-17-2016, 06:14 PM
Been using a few pairs for a couple years now and no signs of any wear.
One pair is a bit tight and they haven't stretched out at all, still almost painful (on the fingers) to peel off.
Comfortable, super durable. Hold their shape/don't stretch out.

Never really thought much about it before but by far they pick up more dog hair than any other piece of clothing as mentioned by another poster previously.

stephenmarklay
07-17-2016, 09:25 PM
First time that I bought socks that I will be using solely for cycling. Found them on SierraTradingPost a month ago, used a discount code which brought it down to $5 a piece, ordered 6-7 pairs. Had been using them for the last month or so on almost every ride...they are fine.

Nice. That is the same place I picked up a couple dozen wool socks some years ago and still have most of them.

Muffin Man
07-17-2016, 10:31 PM
swiftwick sevens are the only socks I wear now.

phoenix
07-17-2016, 11:20 PM
swiftwick sevens are the only socks I wear now.
Yup, the sevens are the best sock hands down!

stephenmarklay
07-18-2016, 06:07 AM
Yup, the sevens are the best sock hands down!

I have a one and two fours. I guys I have to look at some sevens now.

classtimesailer
07-18-2016, 08:18 AM
They do not wear out. Very weird.