PDA

View Full Version : CX rides in Santa Cruz CA?

phoenix
07-16-2016, 01:36 AM
Hey, i’m heading to Santa Cruz for a few days and am planning on bringing my CX bike. Any recommendations as to where to find some nice firetrail type riding? Looking for somewhere I can ride for a 20 miles or so, nothing too long as i’ll be there with my wife and some family. Just want to get out for 2-3 hours to explore and if it were mostly offroad that would be a bonus.

I’ll be staying in the Twin Lakes area off of 7th Ave. If I could get to some nice trails without a car that would be a bonus as well. For what it’s worth i’ve ridden a lot of the UCSC trails so would ideally like to see something else. Nice firetrails are really what I would like to ride if possible.

Thanks!

enr1co
07-16-2016, 01:46 AM
Wilder ranch is convenient.

dem
07-16-2016, 09:08 AM
The forest of Nisene Marks fire road up to the ridge is also nice if you want to ride through the redwoods.

FlashUNC
07-16-2016, 09:19 AM
Drop Paul Sadoff at Rock Lobster a line. I'm sure he'll have a ton of recommendations.

Tony
07-16-2016, 10:10 AM
The forest of Nisene Marks fire road up to the ridge is also nice if you want to ride through the redwoods.

+1 for Nisene Marks. Also, smooth single track to explore.

phoenix
07-16-2016, 10:13 AM
Drop Paul Sadoff at Rock Lobster a line. I'm sure he'll have a ton of recommendations.

True, pick a builder, any builder in the area!

phoenix
07-16-2016, 10:15 AM
I think Wilder is probably going to be the ticket. The Forest of Nisene MArks looks good as well. Both are about equidistant from where i’m staying. Total craps shoot, but any thoughts as to which spot is likely to be less populated?

jtakeda
07-16-2016, 10:57 AM
Summer is a really good time to do the trails through ucsc campus.

They're super short and fun.