PDA

View Full Version : A question for folks who ride in Bont shoes

Climb01742
07-15-2016, 04:25 PM
I have a pair of Bont Vaypors. I like everything about them except for one thing: the upper is pretty stiff. Not horrible but it can get kinda uncomfortable in places. So what I'm curious about is: Is the upper on the Vaypor Plus or Vaypor S noticeably more supple? In photos, the S sure looks more supple, but it's kinda pricey. Is the Plus upper any better than the standard Vaypor? I've seen some good deals on the Plus, but if its upper is the same just with Boa closures, not sure it's the answer. Thanks_very_much.

eBAUMANN
07-15-2016, 05:16 PM
My girlfriend has a pair of vaypor+ and vayporS, I just did a hands-on analysis of both and would say that the S upper definitely feels more supple than the +.

that said, she has not ridden the +'s yet and has put a decent amount of miles in on the S's, so its hard to say if the softness is from breaking them in a bit or if its inherent to the materials.

Climb01742
07-15-2016, 05:25 PM
My girlfriend has a pair of vaypor+ and vayporS, I just did a hands-on analysis of both and would say that the S upper definitely feels more supple than the +.

that said, she has not ridden the +'s yet and has put a decent amount of miles in on the S's, so its hard to say if the softness is from breaking them in a bit or if its inherent to the materials.

Thanks, Eric. Does she like the S? Is she thinking of switching to the + or just giving it a try?

eBAUMANN
07-15-2016, 05:29 PM
Thanks, Eric. Does she like the S? Is she thinking of switching to the + or just giving it a try?

I think she just got the + because the S was unavailable (at the place/price she wanted to pay) in white...or something (she has black S's).
She wanted a white and black pair.

From everything I have heard she is really liking the S's and is totally sold on Bont in general. She has pretty specific arch-support needs (still has a ton of shims crammed in there) but they seem to be working out well for her over the past year or so.

djrider
07-15-2016, 05:36 PM
I have all three. the vaypor plus is the most supple of the 3, with the vaypor the stiffest. i dont wear the vaypors very much because of this, only short rides.