PDA

View Full Version : Toga Bikes > 9W Bikes--anyone know the story?

paredown
07-15-2016, 12:14 PM
Stopped in for the first time for a long time and was surprised by the change in ownership.

Anyone know the story?

fiamme red
07-15-2016, 12:18 PM
http://www.9wbikeshop.com/about/about-us-pg483.htm

9W Bike Shop is located in Upper Nyack, New York on Route 9W, one of the most popular cycling routes in New York. Formerly Toga Bikes, the store in Upper Nyack was sold within the family and will change mostly in name only. The staff will remain unchanged, as will the service and open door policy that has been the attitude in the store for years. Toga Bikes in NYC and Gotham Bikes also in the city are still fully operational and owned by the same guys as always, but are now separate entities from 9W Bikes.I have no information other than what's on their website.

paredown
07-15-2016, 12:22 PM
http://www.9wbikeshop.com/about/about-us-pg483.htm

I have no information other than what's on their website.

Website!!

D'oh!!!

Buzz Killington
07-15-2016, 09:41 PM
I brought my Ibis Scorcher in there for them to sell through their eBay store. The guy working there's asked if I made the bike in my basement. It still had all the original stickers/head tube badge/identifications. Also there's a new bike shop just a few doors south of the Runcible Spoon. I think it's an ex employee's shop.

UKBROOKLYN
07-15-2016, 11:58 PM
Is it just me or does eveyone in that photo on their website look just a tad overweight..

fiamme red
07-16-2016, 12:00 AM

R3awak3n
07-16-2016, 12:13 AM
Is it just me or does eveyone in that photo on their website look just a tad overweight..

and the problem is? you have to be skinny to sell or ride bikes now?

oldpotatoe
07-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Is it just me or does everyone in that photo on their website look just a tad overweight..

along with the bike...glad you are a perfect height/weight/BMI/proportion..

:help::D:rolleyes:

54ny77
07-16-2016, 09:31 AM
In the warehouse of stupid things to say, that one is right off the shelf of, "General stupid things to say."

Why dont you take a ride out here and say that to everyone's face. Let us know how it goes.

UKBROOKLYN
07-16-2016, 09:53 AM
Alright my bad.. apologies to the Paceline.. Hanging Head in Shame...