PDA

View Full Version : Tyler can change history...or not

William
07-03-2006, 05:55 AM
I agree that the chances of T.H. spilling the beans are slim to almost non existent. I mean look at the spiel, P.R., propaganda, ra ra he's created and encouraged others to create around this issue. The whole "poor Tyler" bandwagon has been cultivated and circled up for a while now. A lot of people's convictions, motivations, and feelings of worth are invested deeply in backing him and his word. A few must be questioning their positions right now with T.H.'s name popping up on the books of a "Dope" Dr. after all his pleading and pontificating to the contrary. They'll be looking to Tyler for reassurance, a calming voice saying all is well, never mind the man behind the curtain. Those deeply invested won't give up yet....that is until...unless he comes clean. Those who have supported him may turn their backs on him, but he'd gain a whole new audience of support who would at least respect him for coming out and telling the "truth" of what goes on in the pro ranks. He's got a lot to lose...but also something worth gaining back.

Again, not likely imho. But at this point what will the legacy be??

Lance the Hero. Tyler the Pariah.

You can possibly change how you'll be viewed in sports history. It's up to you bro.

atmo

William

Climb01742
07-03-2006, 06:08 AM
a good PR person -- heck, even a good ad guy :p -- could spin tyler's story in two seconds to make his admission now of guilt look good. portray the culture of doping as the enemy. yes, we spinmeisters are evil. but the key to all good spins is to have some grain of truth in them. :crap:

atmo
07-03-2006, 06:38 AM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=227072&postcount=6

Elefantino
07-03-2006, 06:52 AM
http://forums.thepaceline.net/showpost.php?p=227072&postcount=6

Call him again.

Better yet, send him the replies to your post. I can't find mine.

Look at what Jose Canseco did for baseball. Or tried to do. He was a pariah, but then Jose was always a pariah. No one liked him, particularly the media, because he was a Class A Narcissist and prima donna.

Unless omerta rules, people like Tyler. The media certainly would.

I'll send an e-mail to my ex-college drinking buddy John Henderson of the Denver Post. This would be really good for the sport.