PDA

View Full Version : OT-mailing a pocket knife to Europe or Asia

oldpotatoe
07-15-2016, 05:43 AM
Selling a couple of Spyderco pocket(Impala and Meercat) knives for son on ebay..anybody know if it's OK to mail pocket knives internationally?

kramnnim
07-15-2016, 06:17 AM
Depends on the country...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

oldpotatoe
07-15-2016, 06:54 AM
Depends on the country...

http://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/firearms-weapons-knives.html

Thanks, the info I needed..USPS website is particularly unhelpful...shocked..:cool:

Neil
07-15-2016, 07:59 AM
I've had hotels post my (Swiss Army) pocket knife back home when I have had hold-baggage only tickets for the return leg of a trip (thanks, HR department).

ColonelJLloyd
07-15-2016, 08:55 AM
Why not just use eBay's Global Shipping Program? You're only responsible to ship to the US based location. Then eBay ships to the buyer in their country. It's the buyer's responsibility to know whether or not they can buy a pocket knife from the US. Not your problem. You're paying eBay some fees; put this on them.

oldpotatoe
07-16-2016, 07:10 AM
Why not just use eBay's Global Shipping Program? You're only responsible to ship to the US based location. Then eBay ships to the buyer in their country. It's the buyer's responsibility to know whether or not they can buy a pocket knife from the US. Not your problem. You're paying eBay some fees; put this on them.

BUT lists knives as a 'prohibited item'..but thanks

"Weapons (including firearms, knives, etc)."

Schmed
07-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Have you tried EDC forums to sell it?

I've got a few Spydercos and think they are great. You don't like the Meerkat? What handle material does it have?

charliedid
07-16-2016, 07:41 AM
Selling a couple of Spyderco pocket(Impala and Meercat) knives for son on ebay..anybody know if it's OK to mail pocket knives internationally?

I'm *pretty sure* you can use USPS to send knives as long as the knife is legal to posses in the purchaser's country. I would be prepared to show the USPS the contents at time of mailing.

https://stamps.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/179/~/usps-content-restrictions

oldpotatoe
07-16-2016, 07:43 AM
Have you tried EDC forums to sell it?

I've got a few Spydercos and think they are great. You don't like the Meerkat? What handle material does it have?

Son's knives and he wishes to reduce his rather large inventory of knives. Think it's plastic but I don't really know. They are at his house.

See reserve, if you wish to go offline for that one, PM me.

For right above..just going to stick with the US..international shipping is a PITA sometimes anyway..I'd hate to complete it all..get paid, then find out I couldn't mail to that country..

eBAUMANN
07-16-2016, 12:27 PM
..just going to stick with the US..international shipping is a PITA sometimes anyway..I'd hate to complete it all..get paid, then find out I couldn't mail to that country..

Seems like the best way to go to, not really worth the hassle on items that are fairly easy to sell domestically.

commonguy001
07-17-2016, 06:37 AM
Another option for selling is bladeforums.com which is a site with a lot of collectors. You do need to have a paid membership to sell there ($20.00 for a year) but it's worth it as there are a ton of buyers. Keeping sales in the US doesn't seem to be an issue there either.

I've bought and sold probably 30 on that site over the years including a good number of Spydercos

oldpotatoe
07-17-2016, 06:38 AM
Another option for selling is bladeforums.com which is a site with a lot of collectors. You do need to have a paid membership to sell there ($20.00 for a year) but it's worth it as there are a ton of buyers. Keeping sales in the US doesn't seem to be an issue there either.

I've bought and sold probably 30 on that site over the years including a good number of Spydercos

Thanks for the note. The MeerKat already sold..if the Impala doesn't, I may go over there..