KTM has quite an extensive line up:

https://www.ktmbikeindustries.com/

Anyone seen one on the road?

christian
07-13-2016, 04:02 PM
Yes, in Austria and Northern Italy.

seric
07-13-2016, 04:18 PM
My local KTM dealer is constantly trying to get rid of the things at discount. I've been told they can be flexy, but haven't ridden one. It would be kind of nice to have one which matches my green sticker 300MXC.

sw3759
07-13-2016, 05:37 PM
My local KTM dealer is constantly trying to get rid of the things at discount. I've been told they can be flexy, but haven't ridden one. It would be kind of nice to have one which matches my green sticker 300MXC.

that's funny.they can't even get Dungey to ride one.lol,he rides a Trek.
never seen one in person but they look nice.kind of thought maybe they were rebadged Canyons.which would be a plus imo.

velomateo
07-13-2016, 06:04 PM
Very nice looking bikes, but I have reservations about the rear brake position on their road version. Even though it tidies up the seat stays, in the event you want to open up the brake a bit - I think it would be difficult to accomplish while riding.

Sierra
07-13-2016, 06:14 PM
Cool looking bikes.

Well, they make kick-ass motorcycles for sure. I used to ride a KTM Superduke 990, which was a suicidal kind of beast (at least with the stock throttle response and fueling maps); but fun.

I'd certainly take a look at these new bikes. KTM DNA. How can you go wrong?

William
07-13-2016, 06:19 PM
They've been making bikes since 1964...

http://forums.thepaceline.net/showthread.php?t=143883&highlight=KTM

I almost had them on the forum as a sponsor a few years ago (KTM USA) but in the end they didn't pull the trigger. They have the DNA to do it well...

William

kgreene10
07-13-2016, 06:32 PM
They had a giant display at Unibike in Madrid when I went about 20 months ago. Honestly, they looked unimpressive to me, though I didn't ride one. I never saw one on the road in Spain.

jemoryl
07-13-2016, 08:57 PM
There were lots of them on the roads in Germany, from city bikes to fancy MTB (they make road bikes, but I didn't notice any of those).

tele
07-13-2016, 10:21 PM
A guy around me used to have one of their mountain bikes but he gave up after a couple of frames cracking.

xjoex
07-13-2016, 11:51 PM
One of the best riders I know just got one. She crushes on this thing.
https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-CgBqjs1qT04/V4cZ-ZxwNbI/AAAAAAAAaNE/VJfrN-Ja1ZsBuihnfAWMdbe_WRCMlyDLwCCo/s720/13531945_629301500566759_1586644562_n.jpg

Video of taking a line most of us can't imagine. : http://scontent-dfw1-1.cdninstagram.com/t50.2886-16/13503235_1759443307647487_1037905755_n.mp4

Sold her carbon Specialized Enduro after getting it. Also she is a former Marathon mtb national champ, has (or had) the record for the fastest Xterra bike time, 2nd in CB enduro last year...

-Joe

Satellite
07-14-2016, 12:12 AM

LOL green sticker 300MXC. I have a 300XC and it's anything but Green Sticker approved. You must be in California? Iam going to take my KTM 2Smoker (insert chain saw sounds here) into the mountains this weekend and try to cut some trees down.

I have seen some races with KTM Bicycles seem like good machines. I tried to do some research didn't find a lot. What I did find I liked I would like to ride one someday.

It was funny I took a break from cycling and got back into dirt bike riding because my engine does work as good as it once did. I found I had to start cycling again to keep up with the young guys on the dirty bike. The circle of life I suppose.

Love KTM motorcycles if their bicycles are half as good they will do alright.

seric
07-14-2016, 12:57 AM
LOL green sticker 300MXC. I have a 300XC and it's anything but Green Sticker approved. You must be in California? Iam going to take my KTM 2Smoker (insert chain saw sounds here) into the mountains this weekend and try to cut some trees down.

Yup, California. I'm getting old though and considering replacing it with something with a magic button. Maybe even a Zero.

witcombusa
07-14-2016, 04:42 AM
Yup, California. I'm getting old though and considering replacing it with something with a magic button. Maybe even a Zero.

I can't tell you how much I hate that dirt bikes have gotten electric start. If ya can't start a little 300 2-stroke maybe it's time to take up golf... ;)

peanutgallery
07-14-2016, 06:59 AM
KTM builds bikes for racers and enthusiasts, the Japanese build them for stockholders with minimal development and lots of bold new graphics being the big change from 1 year to the next. Funny how things have changed

witcombusa
07-14-2016, 07:35 AM
KTM builds bikes for racers and enthusiasts, the Japanese build them for stockholders with minimal development and lots of bold new graphics being the big change from 1 year to the next. Funny how things have changed

I would not say that is completely true. Honda (and Yamaha. Kawasaki and Suzuki) build to racers and also trail riders. Not everyone wants, needs or can afford KTM's premium products to go have fun off road. Choices are good.
:beer:

Sierra
07-14-2016, 08:05 AM
I would not say that is completely true. Honda (and Yamaha. Kawasaki and Suzuki) build to racers and also trail riders. Not everyone wants, needs or can afford KTM's premium products to go have fun off road. Choices are good.
:beer:

+1

I agree. The Japanese builders are mostly just conservative (this is especially true of Honda). They have come to build solid, reliable bikes and just aren't as apt to mess with a successful recipe.

Satellite
07-14-2016, 09:40 AM
I can't tell you how much I hate that dirt bikes have gotten electric start. If ya can't start a little 300 2-stroke maybe it's time to take up golf... ;)

LOL, yep I couldn't agree more. Until I got one with a magic button. I start my bike with the kickstarter (the magic button would start it however) and that's it. After that I use what KTM calls the re-starter. I also went with a Rekluse, Evan's Cool, Flex Bars, Scotts Stabilizer, Bib Mouse, Seat Concepts, Map Switch, and Street Legal. Did I need any of that NOPE but it sure does make for an enjoyable ride. The magic button is worth the extra expense and weight.

I am waiting for fuel injection I will buy a new bike once fuel injection is available to the public. I have been toying with getting the Lectron Carb for now.

Slaven's is local for me.
http://slavensracing.com/shop/36mm-lectron-carburetor-for-ktm-husaberg-husqvarna/

As to NOT thread drift too much I got my son the KTM Strider Bike. He was riding the Yamaha PW50 with training wheels at age 3. He is now riding with out the training wheels he is 5. It was because of the Strider Bike I am sure of it.