PDA

View Full Version : In a traffic circle yesterday....

OtayBW
07-10-2016, 04:35 PM
...leading ~7-8 folks through and this jackass with out of state plates comes in from the first turn in/out and nearly takes us all out. W.........T..........F is it with some @$$wipes? Pretty rural area. We had eye contact from the point of his approach onward; I believe he knew exactly what he was doing.

That's it. Nothing extraordinarily unusual. I'm done. Off my chest.

Thank-you. Carry on.

Sierra
07-10-2016, 04:38 PM
Happy that you are all safe.

What is it with people these days? There are more distracted drivers, sure, but are drivers getting more malicious as well? I'm not sure I know the answer to this. It almost seems so sometimes.

HenryA
07-10-2016, 04:43 PM
Round-abouts are not common in some states.
Not an excuse to be careless but maybe an explanation.

RFC
07-10-2016, 04:49 PM
Round-abouts are not common in some states.
Not an excuse to be careless but maybe an explanation.

Yes, it does take a while for everyone to acclimate. When they were first put in around here a few years ago, I had drivers racing to get past me going in and some even tried to pass me on the inside of the circle.

When I look at my conflict with drivers, I'd say that in at least half, the driver just didn't know what to do.

shovelhd
07-10-2016, 05:34 PM
There are also conflicting right of way laws for roundabouts in different states. Still sucks though.

MattTuck
07-10-2016, 05:46 PM
I pretty much assume every car is going to cut me off. It doesn't cause too much trouble when I'm riding alone, to grab a handful of brake, even if it is pre-emptive and turns out not to be necessary.

That kind of riding can be dangerous in a group setting.

Dead Man
07-10-2016, 05:51 PM
Depends... Rusty Datsun pickup truck? Brakes and swerve

Late model Benzo? Maybe not brake so fast or hard..